Florida rider - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 7 Old 08-08-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Jlyates17

Florida rider

I’m an r1 Guy but I have owned a few Hondas and I just chose a 2010 cbr 1000rr Over another r1, I’ll say it, I’m very happy now what are some things I should start with to make it go even faster 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-08-2019, 10:57 PM
CaptainCannon
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I would start with the pair mod and the intake flapper's. Also a better air filter, I use a Sprint p08 but they have a street version now that might be better. Then pick out whatever exhaust you want and while that is getting shipped to you then send your ECU to Dano's Performance for the flash. Even if you dont want to spend the cash on exhaust I would do the rest which is pretty cheap and the Dano's flash which is the best performance bang for your buck.

Edit: Welcome to the site.

2015 CBR1000RR YR-250
1999 ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson
1984 Goldwing Aspencade (WIP bought after a light deer smashing)
1983 LTD550 (WIP cafe project for friends to ride)
post #3 of 7 Old 08-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Bosarge22
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyates17 View Post
Im an r1 Guy but I have owned a few Hondas and I just chose a 2010 cbr 1000rr Over another r1, Ill say it, Im very happy now what are some things I should start with to make it go even faster 🙂
Sell it and buy the R1M.

Move You Ass!

post #4 of 7 Old 08-09-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Jlyates17

I would love to get that demon of a bike , the r1m is a dream but I just can’t afford it right now but maybe next year. I’ve had two 07 r1s and a 2000, I just wanted to give Honda a try. I went ahead and did the pair mod , previous owner had a m4 slip on put on but it hasn’t been tuned. I’ve been thinking of getting the woolich flash kit but i am new to the whole flashing thing. I’m not a fan of this m4 slip on .
post #5 of 7 Old 08-09-2019, 07:58 PM
CaptainCannon
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Unless you are going to continually change out parts, I would think that flashing with Dano's will be the best bang for your buck. Keep an eye on the forums and on ebay, Ive seen fellas get some great deals on full exhausts that are close to the cost of a slip-on or even cheaper.

2015 CBR1000RR YR-250
1999 ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson
1984 Goldwing Aspencade (WIP bought after a light deer smashing)
1983 LTD550 (WIP cafe project for friends to ride)
post #6 of 7 Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 AM
TrackSol

Welcome to the forum.

I second Captain's suggestion of a Sprint air filter. I have the street version he mentioned and it's worth it just for the ease of maintenance alone. Previously I had a BMC Race and just like all the cotton gauge filters I've owned before, I HATED the maintenance routine often times wishing I stayed with a paper filter that I could just throw away and replace. With the Sprint, all you do is blow it out with compressed air and reinstall. I do it every time I change the oil and oil filter, which I do every 4,000 miles (half the recommended interval).

Oh, where in Florida are you. I'm in JAX.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-18-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Jlyates17

I’m up around destin and Pensacola , I went down to Claremont to buy the bike so far I love it. I already ordered and flashed my ecu with the woolich software. I’m ordering the sprint filter today And seriously considering sending my ecu to danos if I can’t figure out how to map this out right. Sorry it took me so long to respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page