First bike after 9 years of no riding. New 2018 CBR1000RR ABS - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 21 Old 08-17-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Desibaba

First bike after 9 years of no riding. New 2018 CBR1000RR ABS

Had my 2006 Hayabusa stolen back in 2010 and never got a bike since then. Picked up a leftover 2018 CBR1000rr with ABS brand new today to match my 2018 z06. As much as I love my 650 horsepower/650 lbs feet of torque monster I definitely missed riding. At 36 now I certainly wont be doing the stupid things I used to do on 2 wheels. The dealership people are personal friends so I went ahead and paid the extra $600 for the 5 year zero deductible fender 2 fender extended warranty just to make them happy and I went in wanting to pay cash but did the 0 percent APR for 12 months since ill pay it off anyway. Here it is. Still need to figure out the different power modes, torque stuff or even how to set the clock properly. Just rode in a big empty parking lot and very little riding in mode 3 on the street since I haven't been riding for 9 years or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-17-2019, 11:25 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Welcome aboard.

Pity you bought that warranty as the US bikes are totally NERFed stock and you will want to use Woolich Racing Tune software to flash the ECU so you can feel the full power of the bike.

US bikes are limited to 73% throttle from 10,000rpm to redline.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

SP2 Delivery Thread < - Delivery Thread

RC45's SP2 Trackday Bike Build Thread <- Build Thread

RC45's US vs UK ETV Tables Dyno <- Dyno Page

PAIR Mod HRC Style <- HRC PAIR Page

Myths & Mysteries of the SP2 ECU Thread <- ECU Thread
post #3 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Desibaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Welcome aboard.

Pity you bought that warranty as the US bikes are totally NERFed stock and you will want to use Woolich Racing Tune software to flash the ECU so you can feel the full power of the bike.

US bikes are limited to 73% throttle from 10,000rpm to redline.
this thing is so much more complicated than my 2006 Hayabusa. I can’t even set the date and time on it

post #4 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 01:12 AM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desibaba View Post
this thing is so much more complicated than my 2006 Hayabusa. I canít even set the date and time on it
Page 70 of the owners manual.

You really need to read the owners manual if you want any hope of understanding the features of the bike.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

post #5 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Desibaba

Quote:
Page 70 of the owners manual.

You really need to read the owners manual if you want any hope of understanding the features of the bike.
It still seems to complicated. Wonder if they have any youtube videos. I cant wait to get hid of the ugly rear fender.

post #6 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 12:02 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
It still seems to complicated. Wonder if they have any youtube videos. I cant wait to get hid of the ugly rear fender.
You have got to be shitting us, right?

It literally could not be simpler.

post #7 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Desibaba

Quote:
You have got to be shitting us, right?

It literally could not be simpler.
Whats the easiest way to fix the time and date and to keep the bike in the most neutered, lowest power mode until I get used to riding since I havent been on 2 wheels for over 9 years. Also is the tool kit under the rider seat? I didnt see anything under the passenger seat but it says im supposed to get a tool kit with it and I hope the dealer didnt not give it to me.
post #8 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 03:33 PM
outsider819

Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
It's one of those things that looks really complicated, but really isn't. You just have to follow the procedure in the manual. The best thing you could probably do right now is take your owners manual outside, turn the bike on (hooking it up to a batter tender might be a good idea), and just go through the menus and learn what button does what. They really are laid out in a very straightforward, intuitive manner, it won't take you long once you really look at it. And if you're worried about power, put it in A3. Unfortunately, telling you how to do some things won't teach you how the menu and bike works, and it's probably best for you to learn it, but it's really not as hard as it looks at first.
post #9 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 06:34 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Whats the easiest way to fix the time and date and to keep the bike in the most neutered, lowest power mode until I get used to riding since I havent been on 2 wheels for over 9 years. Also is the tool kit under the rider seat? I didnt see anything under the passenger seat but it says im supposed to get a tool kit with it and I hope the dealer didnt not give it to me.
It is all explained in the owners manual. Page 18 through 21 painstakingly calls out the location of all the bikes parts, systems and features.

This in turn calls out the page the system or feature is discussed - the toolkit is shown to be listed on page 113. Should contain a fuse puller and an alan key.

I am of course assuming you have have been under rear seat to retrieve the owners manual (and tool kit).

post #10 of 21 Old 08-18-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Desibaba

So the only tools are the Allen wrench and a fuse puller? I guess that’s in the bag the guy handed me. The manual talks about a “back” button but I don’t see one at all. When I press mode it only toggles though the modes, user 1- user 2 and then goes the trip. I never get to the part where I can change the date or time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page