"New" member from Florida - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
iifetap

"New" member from Florida

Hello gents. "New" member here, I put new in quotes because I signed up here a while ago (2015) when I bought my 12' 1000RR but I never posted, just lurked. Had been a member of the 600rr.net site for awhile before moving to a 1krr. In February of this near my '12 and I were involved in an incident where a 75 year old lady pulled a U-Turn right in-front of me and I ended up smashing into her right rear tire at 45mph. Their insurance took full responsibility and after months of doctors appointments my lawyer finally sent a demand letter so I'm just waiting to hear back and receive that check and hopefully get a new(er) 1krr. I'm hoping to get a 17' 1krr because I absolutely love the look of the matte black design and the new LCD cluster looks so much better than the previous versions. There are a few 17' in my area for sale at dealerships around the 10.5k mark but I feel like that may be a bit high? Would love to hear from other 17' owners to get their feedback of the bike and if they think 10.5k is a good price or not.

Link to the damage of my '12, the insurance totaled it and I'm undecided if I'll buy it back to turn into a track bike, not pictured is a crack on the right side of the frame, don't know how deep it is. Side note, it was dry during the time of the incident, the rain came after the police and EMS arrived: https://imgur.com/a/tMJwzXU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2019, 06:19 PM
Liquid_IQ

Seniors pulling out in front of motorcyclists is rampant in Florida. Was it in the Tampa area? Worst place for it I've ever seen. Our auto insurance was sky-high because of bad senior drivers (per the insurance agent).

I gave up street riding and started going to the track.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-17-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
iifetap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_IQ View Post
Seniors pulling out in front of motorcyclists is rampant in Florida. Was it in the Tampa area? Worst place for it I've ever seen. Our auto insurance was sky-high because of bad senior drivers (per the insurance agent).

I gave up street riding and started going to the track.
It was in Leesburg, not too far from The Villages.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-19-2019, 10:57 AM
Ian2017cbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by iifetap View Post
It was in Leesburg, not too far from The Villages.

Thatll do it :/ my grandparents live down there (im up in jacksonville) and i get genuinely scared driving around the residents sometimes. Ive seen senile old men swerving between 2 lanes multiple times, ironically i have never once seen the police department in the villages do a traffic stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page