new memeber, cbr1000rr 2017 for tracks only - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 11 Old 12-04-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
spiky22

new memeber, cbr1000rr 2017 for tracks only

hi all,
i m Vince, from france. 40years old. aircraft mechanic in paris CDG (fedex).
i bough my first cbr1000 rr 2017 last year for track use only. i m preparing it for track days like Le Mans, Magny-court F1, Dijon, also i go in italy on lisano and mugelo tracks.
before i had an rsv4 2012 for track only as well. i also had a dayto 675 for tracks but i sold it out.

regards from france.

Vince
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-04-2019, 07:39 PM
benya

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiky22 View Post
hi all,
i m Vince, from france. 40years old. aircraft mechanic in paris CDG (fedex).
i bough my first cbr1000 rr 2017 last year for track use only. i m preparing it for track days like Le Mans, Magny-court F1, Dijon, also i go in italy on lisano and mugelo tracks.
before i had an rsv4 2012 for track only as well. i also had a dayto 675 for tracks but i sold it out.

regards from france.

Vince
Welcome! Post some pictures and details of your modifications!
post #3 of 11 Old 12-04-2019, 09:52 PM
aboogie973

Aloha and welcome. How is the competition out there? Yes, please post up photos of you bike once completed.

post #4 of 11 Old 12-05-2019, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
spiky22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboogie973 View Post
Aloha and welcome. How is the competition out there? Yes, please post up photos of you bike once completed.

Hi! Well no competition for me, too old and too expensive in Europe , t don t forget tyres and gas are double price here lol
Just track days with friend (competition between us to know who will pay the beer after runs)
I m in process to remove this useless and dangerous ABS braking system that almost killed me on a hard brake on tracks, this abs is a shity thing on that bike, you cannot just switch it off... couples of things like that going on for next season 😉
post #5 of 11 Old 12-05-2019, 04:12 AM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Hi! Well no competition for me, too old and too expensive in Europe , t don t forget tyres and gas are double price here lol
Just track days with friend (competition between us to know who will pay the beer after runs)
I m in process to remove this useless and dangerous ABS braking system that almost killed me on a hard brake on tracks, this abs is a shity thing on that bike, you cannot just switch it off... couples of things like that going on for next season 😉
Welcome to the club

For 2017 you can disable the ABS without need to remove any hardware - you just pull the ABS pump fuse.

Remember you need to leave the wheel speed sensors in place as the rest fo the system all use the wheel speed sensors - including torque management, quick shifter and auto blipper so you must maintain the ABS module attached to the wiring harness as the wheel speed sensors feed there signal through the ABS module electric circuit.

Let me know if you have any other questions about track prepping the SC77, happy to share info.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

SP2 Delivery Thread < - Delivery Thread

RC45's SP2 Trackday Bike Build Thread <- Build Thread

RC45's US vs UK ETV Tables Dyno <- Dyno Page

PAIR Mod HRC Style <- HRC PAIR Page

Myths & Mysteries of the SP2 ECU Thread <- ECU Thread
post #6 of 11 Old 12-05-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
spiky22

hi rc45,
thks for info, but I m not sure I will have traction ctrl if I remove cb of abs. I posted that in another post:
cbr1000rr fireblade 2017 abs removal

hi all,
I m in progress to remove this useless abs sytem they put on the cbr, track uses only, because it is not efficient at all and we cannot switch it off.
my question is did somebody did it yet, and is there some abs light on or traction ctrl issue after?
my way to de-activate it is that: I put 2 direct Goodrich lines from master cylinder (with brake handle) to the calipers in front, same in rear (one line only), and I m gonna cap the rigid
lines from the abs module, so I can leave it electricaly plugged to the bike. I think it should be enough to not have issue, but I m not 100% sure.

thks
rgds.
Vince
post #7 of 11 Old 12-05-2019, 11:14 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

You can fully disable the ABS system by removing the ABS pump fuse. If you want you can cap off the ABS hardlines or leave them intact.

If you want to go further and remove the ABS hard lines, be sure to leave the ABS pump and module in place as the wheel speed sensors route through the ABS circuitry. Torque Management, Quickshifter, Autoblipper etc rely on the wheel speed sensors.

If your bike is never going to be back on the street then just call Ten Kate and have them modify your wire harness and ECU to HRC spec.
Then you can remove all the ABS hardware.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

post #8 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 02:10 AM
J D
MachineHead

Quote:
hi rc45,
thks for info, but I m not sure I will have traction ctrl if I remove cb of abs. I posted that in another post:
cbr1000rr fireblade 2017 abs removal
Hiya Vince,
Welcome to the 1000RR group! I'm glad you asked that question about disabling the ABS, as I was wondering myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
You can fully disable the ABS system by removing the ABS pump fuse..
Great info! Once the fuse is pulled, it doesn't leave a light on the display?
post #9 of 11 Old 12-06-2019, 02:20 AM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Hiya Vince,
Welcome to the 1000RR group! I'm glad you asked that question about disabling the ABS, as I was wondering myself.

Great info! Once the fuse is pulled, it doesn't leave a light on the display?
Yes it will leave a light on the display. The light is telling you the ABS is not working
The bike is able to function 100% correctly with ABS not working.

post #10 of 11 Old 12-17-2019, 04:20 PM
MachRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Yes it will leave a light on the display. The light is telling you the ABS is not working
The bike is able to function 100% correctly with ABS not working.
This is great news. For the track, I want zero ABS intervention and I'd love to have the TC as my option only.

Glad this is such a simple solution. I assume the solid ABS light isn't even technically a "code", but just a system that's been removed from power.

The Language Of My People
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page