CBR1000RR ECU Flashing + 13 HP !!!!!! - Page 8 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #71 of 79 Old 02-06-2018, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Danos Performance
Vendor

Yes it is safe and it is the best choice since the ecu flash will remove all the factory restrictions and we can download a fuel map to match for exhaust and air filter combination.A PVC does not allow you to remove the factory restriction it only allows you to tune the fuel map so ecu flashing is by far the best option. Thanks Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 Old 02-07-2018, 12:33 AM
Averitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danos Performance View Post
Yes it is safe and it is the best choice since the ecu flash will remove all the factory restrictions and we can download a fuel map to match for exhaust and air filter combination.A PVC does not allow you to remove the factory restriction it only allows you to tune the fuel map so ecu flashing is by far the best option. Thanks Dan
Thanks! I emailed you earlier. Look forward to getting my ECU done!
post #73 of 79 Old 02-26-2018, 08:34 PM
PuffTheMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird180 View Post
I believe I've heard that in MotoGP!
I want that!

post #74 of 79 Old 04-15-2018, 10:22 PM
nissper

Garage
Just want to throw in my input to this thread and to support Dano's Performance:

Dan tuned my ECU about a month ago. I live in Iowa at the moment but will soon be in Cali for the foreseeable future.

Engine wise, I have a K&N race air filter, pair valve deletes, and a straight through Akropovic slip-on. No cat.

Dan tuned my map to the requested Yoshi R77 slip on (map most close to the system I have) as requested.

I too, see a "night and day" difference as previously described. BUT...do let your bike do a TPS reset. I don't know if it actually matters, but i did my homework and just did it anyway. Like any Honda ever, start it, let the fan kick on (could be 15 minutes later) without touching anything, and then shut it down.

I honestly didn't notice much besides the noise on acceleration, but I have noticed better than normal slow-riding conditions. Deceleration fuel cuts are awesome. You loose the "jerk" when riding at constant speeds. If your bike is primarily a street bike or a to and from work bike, do it. It's worth it. Be real with yourself. The occasional track day doesn't mean that you'll suffer in this department.

My friend rides a BMW supersport. Though I didn't notice the acceleration mapping he said that he did as i was keeping pace just fine with his 1000.

Hope this helps! Thanks, Dan!
post #75 of 79 Old 04-15-2018, 10:58 PM
PuffTheMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissper View Post
Deceleration fuel cuts are awesome. You loose the "jerk" when riding at constant speeds.
I was just going to make a dedicated post about this. Disabling the fuel cut has to be the best mod on this bike that I have noticed so far. You lose a little engine braking in the gear that you are in so that takes a little bit to get used to but at the same time, it makes it much easier downshift smoothly. It also helps tremendously when coming off the brakes and smoothly rolling back onto the throttle, especially in first.
post #76 of 79 Old 05-16-2018, 08:17 AM
Hashlak

Great thread, lots of useful info here

I too have got my 2017 blade tuned on the woolich platform with the added WR quickshifter. Currently I have the full Akra titanium system + MWR high efficiency air filters.

The bike has transformed totally and feels so much better now. We managed to go from 161hp on the wheel to 186hp. The only issue I find is that when shifting up I get a slight jerk or lurch. Even when I shift over 9k rpm the jerk is still there. On downshifts it is super smooth, so smooth that I cant even tell that it has gone down a gear lol. Not sure exactly how to fine tune this and I am not so knowledgeable myself on the tuning side, so I will be forwarding the link to this thread to my tuner. Hopefully we can fine tune the setting for a smoother up-shift.

Thanks.
post #77 of 79 Old 05-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Jaybird180
Lifetime Premium

Garage
You have to adjust the timing on the QS to address the jerking.

-06 CBR1000RR- (Track/Street)(Build Thread) (Version 2.0)
-13 CBR250RA Hers SOLD
-02 CBR600F4i (Track/Street) (mine)
ZG Dbl Bbl, Galfer SS Lines, PC3r, Muzzy s/o, K&N air filter, NRC stator cover, ShiftMinder(WTF?), Fireblade brakes, Rearsets, Factory Pro Shift Kit, Ohlins-Racetech&Showa custom Suspension
-92 CB750 (Hers)
-06 CRF230F (mine, sold)
-97 XR100
-07 CRF50F (son's), PW50 (sold)
-13 CRF110F -01 XR50 (Daughter's)
-06 TT-R125 (Mine)
Because 12,000 RPM makes me feel better
post #78 of 79 Old 01-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Liquid_IQ

Wondered if anyone can answer this question. I was entertaining the idea of picking up a used ECU on eBay to have flashed for my 2013 (non-ABS). The part number according to Partzilla is 38770-MGP-A01. However, I am seeing quite a few with part number 38770-MGP-A92 being shown to fit the 2013 also. According to Partzilla, the A92 one fits 2014-2016.

Can anyone tell me if the A92 one will also work? Any drawbacks?

Thanks!
post #79 of 79 Old 01-15-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Danos Performance
Vendor

The only two part numbers that are compatible for the 2012 U.S. models is 38770-MGP-A01 and 38770-MGP-L01.. Thanks Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page