Quick Shifter Oem Or Woolich - Page 4 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #31 of 37 Old 01-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Big Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
This would be a great experiment - don't make any changes except tire size back to 190/50 and see if issue resolves.

Ten Kate determined during testing that any time the bike (stock or HRC ECU) does now the correct wheel speed QS is disabled. It is possible once you pass certain RPM the speed differential of the rear tire to front tire moves out of bounds and the QS gets disabled until speeds come back in line.

This is why in the HRC ECU, maintaining gear and tire diameter tables at the correct values is so critical and why it is so infuriating that the stock ECU does not offer at least tire diameter setting.
Alright so this is what I got: Dunlop Q3+, 190/50 rear. Quick shifter still intermittent. It's seamless say 85% of the time, the others I have to roll off the throttle slightly to shift up, same method I use on my race bike with no quick shifter.

I bought this bike in June of 18 and have tried several modifications and got the following results:

190/55 Dunlop Q3 rear. Bike came with Roadsmart II tires (or similar) I swapped them out after one ride. I adjusted the geometry for the taller rear and was in love with the bike. I did notice that the TC was extremely sensitive to tire pressure changes. I meticulously check tire pressure, 34f - 33r. I moved to 34r and got TC intervention my entire ride. Went back the 33r and had no intervention.

15T front sprocket. Done this mod on every CBR I've owned, loved the drive off the corner BUT, when the front where would lift I would get sudden and very harsh Wheelie Control intervention. It became almost like a joke. I lift the front wheel and the bike was like "GET THE FUCK DOWN!!!".

ECU flash and return to 16t front sprocket. Best bang for the buck. Bike pulls hard and to my surprise I could get a good drive and loft the front up a few inches with no Wheelie control intervention. It only kicks in on very quick/abrupt front end lifts.

Added the OEM quick shifter and 190/50 rear. No TC intervention but I don't think I needed it as I had plenty of grip. QS sometimes won't shift up at full throttle, maybe the ECU flash? No wheelie control intervention even if I lofted the front wheel on corner exit. I did adjust the geometry again for the smaller 190/50 tire so the turn in is still to my liking.
I'll run this set up for a few weeks but right now I don't see much difference between the 190/50 and 190/55.

It's not funny, but it's funny

17 CBR1Krr "Madame"
15 600rr "Side chick"
10 CBR1Krr "Mistress" race bike
08 Limited 1KRR (Gone wrecked by Dealer)
08 Red 1KRR (Red IS faster!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 04-02-2019, 08:19 PM
2nd RR
Powerranger

Was the installation pretty straight forward?
post #33 of 37 Old 04-02-2019, 08:20 PM
2nd RR
Powerranger

child_of_fire?

post #34 of 37 Old 04-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Big Will

OEM QS was an easy install, I did make my own jumper to initialize it though.
I have the same issue where it won't upshift at full throttle. A friend of mine has a stock base model 1000rr with the shifter reversed and has the same issue.

It's not funny, but it's funny

17 CBR1Krr "Madame"
15 600rr "Side chick"
10 CBR1Krr "Mistress" race bike
08 Limited 1KRR (Gone wrecked by Dealer)
08 Red 1KRR (Red IS faster!)
post #35 of 37 Old 04-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Johnathonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Will View Post
OEM QS was an easy install, I did make my own jumper to initialize it though.
I have the same issue where it won't upshift at full throttle. A friend of mine has a stock base model 1000rr with the shifter reversed and has the same issue.
I just bought the OEM QS for my 17 base model. I thought it was as simple as plug it in and turning it on through the dash?

I'm slow and ride at the back.
post #36 of 37 Old 05-06-2019, 06:39 PM
icedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathonh View Post
I just bought the OEM QS for my 17 base model. I thought it was as simple as plug it in and turning it on through the dash?
yes except getting the computer to realize that it's there could take a while; afterward, you just need to go to the menu and turn it on and adjust your shift force (both up and down)

instruction heads up if you need or if anyone else wonders
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CL9...ew?usp=sharing

2017 CBR1000RR SC77
post #37 of 37 Old 05-07-2019, 11:15 AM
Johnathonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedmind View Post
yes except getting the computer to realize that it's there could take a while; afterward, you just need to go to the menu and turn it on and adjust your shift force (both up and down)

instruction heads up if you need or if anyone else wonders
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CL9...ew?usp=sharing
They dont tell you about needing the jumper to connect to the harness to allow the ECU to initialize. Luckily, with everything installed, the service department did it for free for me.

I'm slow and ride at the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page