Flash Tune ECU for 2017+ CBR's - Page 5 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #41 of 45 Old 06-14-2019, 06:26 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyrider View Post
That's and older map. I was refering to the 93 octane map I just updated mode 1 engine brake 3. It is more or less identical to the stock map below 37% throttle. As for the rest, the throttle continues to open to 100% if demanded regardless of rpm, but that is just my personal preference. If you see 99.9%'s in the 100% column it is a bug in the software (I know, I know, FTECU bad, Whoolich good.)

I guess I pulled the Power 1 EB 1 table. Your Power 1 EB 3 is relatively concave. As for the rest, why leave them like that?

I still think folks are missing the engineering logic behind the tables being shaped the way they are (and this includes HRC ECU fuel tables) - it is based on the feedback from the Honda test riders that the bike is faster if you only feed in the throttle needed for maximum acceleration versus dumping 100% throttle then trying to recover from wheelspin to regain forward movement.

The FTECU tables are the same crap numbers FT seems to shove into all tables for all bikes with Fly By Wire throttles.

That 100% across the board indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the presence of Electronic Throttle Valve actuation.
What possible value is 100% throttle at 3000rpm in 3rd gear with 190rwhp on tap?

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

SP2 Delivery Thread < - Delivery Thread

RC45's SP2 Trackday Bike Build Thread <- Build Thread

RC45's US vs UK ETV Tables Dyno <- Dyno Page

PAIR Mod HRC Style <- HRC PAIR Page

Myths & Mysteries of the SP2 ECU Thread <- ECU Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 06-14-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Iceyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
I guess I pulled the Power 1 EB 1 table. Your Power 1 EB 3 is relatively concave. As for the rest, why leave them like that?

I still think folks are missing the engineering logic behind the tables being shaped the way they are (and this includes HRC ECU fuel tables) - it is based on the feedback from the Honda test riders that the bike is faster if you only feed in the throttle needed for maximum acceleration versus dumping 100% throttle then trying to recover from wheelspin to regain forward movement.

The FTECU tables are the same crap numbers FT seems to shove into all tables for all bikes with Fly By Wire throttles.

That 100% across the board indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the presence of Electronic Throttle Valve actuation.
What possible value is 100% throttle at 3000rpm in 3rd gear with 190rwhp on tap?
I am only setting the bike up to my personal preference as I prefer the more traditional no electronics progressive cabled throttle. I just bought the new one because it fit me better, it's lighter, and I got a hell of a deal on it. It has the added benefit of being able to tame the low load throttle valves settings so it can be as calm as a 250 if I want. Will it go around a track faster with stock like throttle valve settings? Maybe, but I prefer a more analog feel. If I demand 100% throttle, I want to have it now. My philosophy is "get the bike to make as much power as it can everywhere and it's my job to learn how to use it". Different strokes and all that, I guess. As for Honda's "total control" propaganda, I think they neutered the bike for noise emissions and gave us a half baked bike with a lot left on the table in terms of power. Every refresh is a few mouse clicks away from "5 MORE HP for this year!" to keep sales up. You know as well as I do what this bike is capable of when de-restricted. I completely see where you're coming from. I just do it different. PS: How do you get the graph to look like that?
post #43 of 45 Old 06-14-2019, 07:16 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Fair enough, but lets be practical and honest here - how many people have been riding 185rwhp 420lb cable throttle controlled analog street bikes over the last 20 years?

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

post #44 of 45 Old 06-14-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Iceyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Fair enough, but lets be practical and honest here - how many people have been riding 185rwhp 420lb cable throttle controlled analog street bikes over the last 20 years?
I never said it was a good idea, it's just REALLY fun! It's a challenge to master it, but once I do, I can ride anything with no dependency on electronic nannies. Oh, and I'm working on getting a solid whp number as soon as the shop can schedule me in for a dyno day. If it works out with the E85 I might go back and do a few runs on 93 to get an apples to apples comparison for you. I'm still not sure how much of a problem that front wheel speed sensor is going to be. Might have to rig up something to read a signal off the rear tire as if it is the front tire.
post #45 of 45 Old 06-14-2019, 07:56 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyrider View Post
I never said it was a good idea, it's just REALLY fun! It's a challenge to master it, but once I do, I can ride anything with no dependency on electronic nannies. Oh, and I'm working on getting a solid whp number as soon as the shop can schedule me in for a dyno day. If it works out with the E85 I might go back and do a few runs on 93 to get an apples to apples comparison for you. I'm still not sure how much of a problem that front wheel speed sensor is going to be. Might have to rig up something to read a signal off the rear tire as if it is the front tire.
You will probably need to do this if you are not going to use Woolich software to disable the front wheel speed sensor error signal.

This is how the HRC ECU equipped bikes are dynoed. You need to get a wheel speed signal off the rear wheel. As for the Stock ECU bike, not sure that will give the proper results as there is no calibration. On the HRC ECU you set the front and rear wheel size the same and jump on the dyno.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page