Led turn signal issue PLEASE HELP! - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 2 Old 07-17-2019, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
HondaRules

Led turn signal issue PLEASE HELP!

Sorry for the rant but I need to vent after a horrible day. If you don't want to read the story I understand. I posted my question at the bottom.

So ive had a bad day at work and it finished off with a bad night. So my bike got rained on for the umpteenth time as the weather reports are NEVER right and I commute to work and it ends up raining. Most people say that bikes are perfectly fine in the rain i know better because I have a POS 12 year old cbr1000 and nothing is sealed from the rain as the fairings dont match up perfectly in places abd the seats dont cover the battery area perfectly.

My issue is that my aftermarket led right turn signal wont flash(left side works fine). It stays lit, but as soon as I click the turn signal right the light goes out completely and does not blink like it should. The light itself obviously works as it stays lit all the time like it should but when I put the blinker on the light goes out completely. Now to be fair I dont know for sure that it was working before the rain. It could be that it hasent been working for a while and I'm just now noticing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-18-2019, 10:56 AM
Liquid_IQ

Wiring connectors under the dash can get corroded/gunked up, also that is where the turn signal relay is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page