Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Limit for electrical add-ons?

710 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CaptainCannon 
#1 ·
How much electrical crap can I run on my CBR? I know the stator has a limit but can I safely add both a radar detector and a gps unit and not burn it out faster?

#3 ·
Just found out about heated gloves(battery operated) this last last snowmobile season and talk about a game changer! They are heated on the back side because of the handlebar warmers and are the single greatest accessory I have ever bought. Like you said, Im sure that the amperage draw from a hard-wired set of gloves is more than the gps and radar detector. Thanks for your input.

#5 ·
I ran through it and must have missed it. Ill just hook up stuff until the headlights dim and then pull the bulb out and tape a flashlight on. I should have got the goldwing instead of a red one....next thing Ill be adding light bars and saddlebags

Seriously though I didnt intend on getting a gps and was using my phone in a techmount stem mount(that works great) for navigation. I really saw the need for a gps unit this snowmobile season and figured I would get the zumo for double duty. I also think a radar detector would be insurance so I dont run into unexpected automatic doors, so I might as well wire in both right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.