Dano's Performance - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 17 Old 05-07-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
CaptainCannon
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Dano's Performance

Great service and Im thrilled with the flash. I have seen more than one fella here talk about the benefits of turning off the deceleration fuel cutoff and I thought " it cant be that great". Boy was I wrong. The only thing I regret about the flash is that I wasted money on a servo buddy that could/should have been applied here.
Dan was great and informative. The turn-around was fast and simple enough. Bike feels like a new machine and I am consistently two gears lower to stay in the R's even when Im putzing around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Liquid_IQ

Ditto. I had put down I wanted to adjust the in-gear idle, but since I wasn't racing he advised against it. Removing the fuel cut on decel makes it a whole lot nicer. I had it done over the winter and haven't had too many opportunities to ride, but it feels a lot smoother and faster.
post #3 of 17 Old 05-08-2019, 10:42 AM
ig_briggs

Excuse the dumb question, do they charge per option or is a fix price not matter what you want or don’t want in the flash tune?

post #4 of 17 Old 05-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Liquid_IQ

You get to choose from a list, it's the same price per flash regardless of your choices.

http://www.danosperformance.com/Honda%20ECU%20Flash.htm
post #5 of 17 Old 05-08-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
CaptainCannon
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ig_briggs View Post
Excuse the dumb question, do they charge per option or is a fix price not matter what you want or donít want in the flash tune?
Dont apologize, if you have a question...ask. If you are looking for more info, shoot them a call or email. He seems eager to answer any questions and will go through every option and explain what it does or doesnt do prior to the flash. Best dollar to performance ratio for the bike Ive added and cant recommend it enough.
post #6 of 17 Old 05-08-2019, 09:27 PM
ig_briggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon View Post
Dont apologize, if you have a question...ask. If you are looking for more info, shoot them a call or email. He seems eager to answer any questions and will go through every option and explain what it does or doesnt do prior to the flash. Best dollar to performance ratio for the bike Ive added and cant recommend it enough.
I asked that because I did the same with my previous GSXR but with schnitz racing and they do charge per Option plus the cost of "flashing" the ECU... not talking smack but it did add up really quick lol so when i went to Dano's website the price seem to be too good to be true... but reading the reviews and reading you guys i think is safe to say that's a good bang for the buck
post #7 of 17 Old 05-10-2019, 03:50 PM
capecodder

Garage
I sent my ECU off today to Dan for the flash . Can't wait to see the results !
post #8 of 17 Old 05-11-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
CaptainCannon
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodder View Post
I sent my ECU off today to Dan for the flash . Can't wait to see the results !
Looking forward to hearing your impressions when you get it back. Do you have aftermarket exhaust or air filters? Now would be a good time to update to a Sprint po8 air filter if you still have stock and have Dan map the ecu for it. I mildly regret putting on exhaust because of the added noise but that Paul Taylor fella makes some damn sexy stuff. When I had the stock can and the P08 filter I could hear the intake air like it was a supercharger or something. My uncle even comments that he could hear I was on the throttle in the headset because of that sweet sound.
post #9 of 17 Old 05-11-2019, 08:50 PM
capecodder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon View Post
Looking forward to hearing your impressions when you get it back. Do you have aftermarket exhaust or air filters? Now would be a good time to update to a Sprint po8 air filter if you still have stock and have Dan map the ecu for it. I mildly regret putting on exhaust because of the added noise but that Paul Taylor fella makes some damn sexy stuff. When I had the stock can and the P08 filter I could hear the intake air like it was a supercharger or something. My uncle even comments that he could hear I was on the throttle in the headset because of that sweet sound.
I do have the aftermarket exhaust slip-on SC Project CR-T on it but just the stock air filter . I may need to look into that filter . I still own my sweet RC51 and I totally modded that ride but I don't want to do all of that to this one .....as of yet anyway . After putting on this exhaust . idle was crap surging ,,,, running lean , seemed choppy and don't care for the throttle response . Def need the fuel str8'nd out . I do like the other options such as the decel option. Don't know if I will have the rev limiter changed ( whats your opinion ) and also the stabilizer . does not fall into turns quick like i like . My old RC is on rails and tips in nice , I have a steering damper on it but turned down so low
post #10 of 17 Old 05-11-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
CaptainCannon
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodder View Post
I do have the aftermarket exhaust slip-on SC Project CR-T on it but just the stock air filter . I may need to look into that filter . I still own my sweet RC51 and I totally modded that ride but I don't want to do all of that to this one .....as of yet anyway . After putting on this exhaust . idle was crap surging ,,,, running lean , seemed choppy and don't care for the throttle response . Def need the fuel str8'nd out . I do like the other options such as the decel option. Don't know if I will have the rev limiter changed ( whats your opinion ) and also the stabilizer . does not fall into turns quick like i like . My old RC is on rails and tips in nice , I have a steering damper on it but turned down so low
Its my understanding that either not enough back pressure or the pair valve are the most likely cause of the lopeing idle? Dan might recommend bumping the idle up a couple rpm to help that. I kept the rev limiter the same and kept the dampner also. Ive seen so many people getting bucked that I figured a little stiffness was worth the trade off if it might help keep road rash off the Shoei. I think 2015hrc uses a p08 also and had good results too but I havnt seen alot about them lately. It does seem better quality and partially justifies the price there alone, for me anyway.

Im pretty sure Dano's offers a deal for re-flashes for part upgrades but... Im just saying now would be the time for air or exhaust(not needed in your case) upgrades with your ecu en route if your even considering it to save some downtime later. I know that might be easier said than done....its real easy for me to spend your cash.

What year rc and how many miles? Its one of the bikes I want most in the garage. I also need a 954rr some day. I wanted to buy a new 954 years ago but couldnt afford 3k a year insurance they wanted for a 9k bike(with only one ticket ever when I was 16) so I bought a new harley softail duece for 15k and paid 275 a year insurance instead.....WTF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page