Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net (https://www.1000rr.net/forums/forum.php)
-   Videos & Pictures (https://www.1000rr.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   My youtube channel (https://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156426)

F1CT1C10U5 02-26-2014 08:25 AM

My youtube channel

Hey guys.

Since I know own a GoPro, and I ride pretty much every day on my blade commuting to work, I created a youtube channel to share the situations I come across with. Riding every day in rush hours already gave my share of scares and close calls, either by my fault or someone else's fault.

As of now, I only have 2 videos up, one of today and one with more or less 3 years and hopefully I will only update this channel with close calls, not crashes.

The objective of this channel is to show situations we as riders sometimes put ourselfs into without need to or situations caused by others.

Hopefully it might help someone else not to make the same mistakes I do or simply show how lucky I was on any given occasion.

Link to the channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/F1CsCloseCalls

drbyers 02-26-2014 08:37 AM

62 Attachment(s)
Good deal.

BTW, I highly recommend you start wearing gear when you go wash your bike from now on. lol.

F1CT1C10U5 02-26-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbyers (Post 3107370)
Good deal.

BTW, I highly recommend you start wearing gear when you go wash your bike from now on. lol.

I almost always wear full gear... but that time, hot summer day, station 1km away from home... "just" to wash the bike? I risked it...

Now I just wash the bike at home... :)

drbyers 02-26-2014 10:20 AM

62 Attachment(s)
Smart idea. Lol. Besides, hand-washing is safer for both the bike AND you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

NyteStalk3r 02-26-2014 02:21 PM

It's easy to get too comfortable on these bikes, and then we start zipping around tightly congested city streets.
Only a matter of time before we get clipped.
We have to SLOW DOWN in the city. Leave plenty of time to react.
Cagers don't see us. Because one second, nobody is there. The next second here we come buzzing down the road zipping around cars and whizzing around corners.

Think about it. We are partially to blame. Cagers are stupid, and have slow reaction times.
We do not. So it is up to US to avoid THEM.

F1CT1C10U5 02-26-2014 05:03 PM

Driftns2k 02-28-2014 06:53 PM

I don't think revving your engine at people is gonna help you at all. Most people prob have there radio's up and can't hear u anyways. Your gonna have close calls if you are speeding. Gonna have to weigh the risks with benefits on the street.

capt.america 02-28-2014 07:12 PM

Use your head a LITTLE. Good rider don't put themselves in bad situations. Stay current on your life insurance. Good luck out there. SMH.

cfaddict 03-01-2014 02:30 AM

imo I believe the best way to calm down on the streets, and to be a safer rider is to attend track days!

After time on the track, I don't have that need for speed feeling and I just cruise. I seem to enjoy street riding much better, and stay out of trouble. Not to mention having quicker reactions and better bike control.

if ya gotta ride it hard and cant control yourself, take to the track!

F1CT1C10U5 03-13-2014 06:52 AM

Hi guys.

Thanks for the feedback. I certainly understand why you guys said what you said, especially after visiting your country (USA) last year. Things are a LOT different there.

I try to stay out of trouble and be safe... However, sometimes I just want to get home and stay in a traffic jam behind a car, when I can just drive around them, isn't for me. (lane splitting isn't exactly against the law here)

As far as going to the track, I think if I would ever go to the track, I will be so afraid to crash that I will not enjoy the experience. I need my bike to go to work every day, I can't afford to crash it just "playing MotoGP rider"...

Maybe one day, if I can afford it, I'll get a bike JUST for the tracks.