Vid: Shotgun Trails Dirt bike riding in Oregon - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-19-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
salemcbr
SalemCBR on YouTube
 
salemcbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 127
Garage
Vid: Shotgun Trails Dirt bike riding in Oregon


Dirt bike riding near Eugene, OR

______
He who does not crash.... ....doesn't have to fix sh*t.
salemcbr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 10-19-2019, 03:14 PM
outsider819
Senior Member
 
outsider819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
Posts: 215
Good stuff! Looked like a good time. Some curious line choices, to be sure, and the throttle cable was hilarious!
outsider819 is online now  
post #3 of 5 Old 10-20-2019, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
salemcbr
SalemCBR on YouTube
 
salemcbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 127
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider819 View Post
Good stuff! Looked like a good time. Some curious line choices, to be sure, and the throttle cable was hilarious!
Thanks for watching. I am obviously new to dirt but its a lot of fun. A bigger bike would help.

______
He who does not crash.... ....doesn't have to fix sh*t.
salemcbr is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2019, 04:59 PM
outsider819
Senior Member
 
outsider819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemcbr View Post
Thanks for watching. I am obviously new to dirt but its a lot of fun. A bigger bike would help.

It is a ton of fun, hope you like it enough to stick out some growing pains! Careful with the bigger bike trap- for the stuff you're riding, handling/agility/low weight>power, big power just gets you in trouble faster. There is, of course, such a thing as not enough, though. My favorite woods bike ever is the KTM 200EXC, bar none. My current bike is set up for moto, I spend most of the time in woods pinballing from one root to the next tree stump to trying to pick myself out from under the bike in a cold puddle.

Here's some more completely unwanted and unsolicited advice from someone who's been doing it all wrong for way too many years

-Safety wire that cable!
-Can't exactly tell where you're looking, but every street rider I've ever seen take it to the dirt, looks right in front of the front wheel, even superbike guys who normally look miles down the road on the asphalt. You can see in your video a couple of places it looks like you've avoided one thing only to head directly for something worse.
-Also looks like you spend too much time sitting. Stand up and let the bike move around under you, makes it easier to get the front over things in a hurry, and with tracking through ruts.
outsider819 is online now  
post #5 of 5 Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
salemcbr
SalemCBR on YouTube
 
salemcbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 127
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider819 View Post
It is a ton of fun, hope you like it enough to stick out some growing pains! Careful with the bigger bike trap- for the stuff you're riding, handling/agility/low weight>power, big power just gets you in trouble faster. There is, of course, such a thing as not enough, though. My favorite woods bike ever is the KTM 200EXC, bar none. My current bike is set up for moto, I spend most of the time in woods pinballing from one root to the next tree stump to trying to pick myself out from under the bike in a cold puddle.

Here's some more completely unwanted and unsolicited advice from someone who's been doing it all wrong for way too many years

-Safety wire that cable!
-Can't exactly tell where you're looking, but every street rider I've ever seen take it to the dirt, looks right in front of the front wheel, even superbike guys who normally look miles down the road on the asphalt. You can see in your video a couple of places it looks like you've avoided one thing only to head directly for something worse.
-Also looks like you spend too much time sitting. Stand up and let the bike move around under you, makes it easier to get the front over things in a hurry, and with tracking through ruts.
Good tips sir. It's easy to develop bad habits, like you said. I try to look ahead but then I find myself looking down again. I am not too upset about the power of the little bike, it just seems better suited for a 13 girl with one leg and pig tails. I have had a good time learning though.

______
He who does not crash.... ....doesn't have to fix sh*t.
salemcbr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome