Vid: Shotgun Trails Dirt bike riding in Oregon - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 5 Old 10-19-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
salemcbr
SalemCBR on YouTube

Garage
Vid: Shotgun Trails Dirt bike riding in Oregon

Dirt bike riding near Eugene, OR

______
He who does not crash.... ....doesn't have to fix sh*t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-19-2019, 03:14 PM
outsider819

Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
Good stuff! Looked like a good time. Some curious line choices, to be sure, and the throttle cable was hilarious!
post #3 of 5 Old 10-20-2019, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
salemcbr
SalemCBR on YouTube

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider819 View Post
Good stuff! Looked like a good time. Some curious line choices, to be sure, and the throttle cable was hilarious!
Thanks for watching. I am obviously new to dirt but its a lot of fun. A bigger bike would help.

______
post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2019, 04:59 PM
outsider819

Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemcbr View Post
Thanks for watching. I am obviously new to dirt but its a lot of fun. A bigger bike would help.

It is a ton of fun, hope you like it enough to stick out some growing pains! Careful with the bigger bike trap- for the stuff you're riding, handling/agility/low weight>power, big power just gets you in trouble faster. There is, of course, such a thing as not enough, though. My favorite woods bike ever is the KTM 200EXC, bar none. My current bike is set up for moto, I spend most of the time in woods pinballing from one root to the next tree stump to trying to pick myself out from under the bike in a cold puddle.

Here's some more completely unwanted and unsolicited advice from someone who's been doing it all wrong for way too many years

-Safety wire that cable!
-Can't exactly tell where you're looking, but every street rider I've ever seen take it to the dirt, looks right in front of the front wheel, even superbike guys who normally look miles down the road on the asphalt. You can see in your video a couple of places it looks like you've avoided one thing only to head directly for something worse.
-Also looks like you spend too much time sitting. Stand up and let the bike move around under you, makes it easier to get the front over things in a hurry, and with tracking through ruts.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
salemcbr
SalemCBR on YouTube

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider819 View Post
It is a ton of fun, hope you like it enough to stick out some growing pains! Careful with the bigger bike trap- for the stuff you're riding, handling/agility/low weight>power, big power just gets you in trouble faster. There is, of course, such a thing as not enough, though. My favorite woods bike ever is the KTM 200EXC, bar none. My current bike is set up for moto, I spend most of the time in woods pinballing from one root to the next tree stump to trying to pick myself out from under the bike in a cold puddle.

Here's some more completely unwanted and unsolicited advice from someone who's been doing it all wrong for way too many years

-Safety wire that cable!
-Can't exactly tell where you're looking, but every street rider I've ever seen take it to the dirt, looks right in front of the front wheel, even superbike guys who normally look miles down the road on the asphalt. You can see in your video a couple of places it looks like you've avoided one thing only to head directly for something worse.
-Also looks like you spend too much time sitting. Stand up and let the bike move around under you, makes it easier to get the front over things in a hurry, and with tracking through ruts.
Good tips sir. It's easy to develop bad habits, like you said. I try to look ahead but then I find myself looking down again. I am not too upset about the power of the little bike, it just seems better suited for a 13 girl with one leg and pig tails. I have had a good time learning though.

______
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page