Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a dead stock 2004 and was trying to place a value on it. I know a lot of the value has to do with condition, and this one is in excellent. However, miles are not terribly low, but not too high either, at 13k. Also, I think desirability plays a big part in the value. While it's the first year of the 1000RR, the 10r was getting all the attention in '04 and the K5 the next. How this bike will be viewed in the rear view mirror, that, I'm not very sure of.

My intent is to buy it to ride, probably a couple times a month on nice days. That said, I don't want to lose money on it either should I decide to sell in a couple of years.

It's the bike in the video below, 3 years later and 22 miles added to the odometer by the new owner who bought it from Kaplan.

What would you be willing to pay/ what do you think it's worth on a great day?

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
1,073 Posts
I have an 05, same as the 04. I've had it 13 years with almost 40,000 miles on it. Don't know if I could ever part with it. After seeing the video, I like it even more. The bike in the video is amazing due to it's condition and being totally factory stock. It should probably be in a Museum. Most of these bikes go around $4,000 to 5,000. I don't know if you can put a price on that bike. Doubt if it will ever be a high value bike, but it's well worth $5,000. If you get it, I hope you take good care of it.
Where is the bike and how much are they asking for it?

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
2,186 Posts
I feel book value is only part of the equation in these times of inflated used moto values in the current market of new & scarce inbound units.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plan is to pick it up in the morning. I'm willing to pay more for the condition, $6400. Seems fair to me. Not too terribly many 18 year sport bikes pop up these days, let alone in this condition. That to me commands a premium. I'm in Houston, but the bike is in Dallas. I still miss my 2008 CBR 600RR. If I run into the option down the road where I can trade for a 07/08 red & black 600RR in similar condition, I'd be happy with that as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts