Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 1000RR net, i just bought a 2004 1000RR and have now stumpled into a very annoying problem , the bike is a track bike and my goal was to build a stunt bike / streetfighter.

Okay i bought the bike three days ago 17/11 , bike started just fine, and ran great no problems rembember this is a track bike no light switch or key, only thing there is, is the killswitch. I now took all the fairings off the bike and took the exhaust off after the headers. Now bike wont start, fuelpump is priming when killswtich is turned to ON position as it should, but the bike just wont start? i have tried with jumper cables from car but still just turning around without starting.. I had the bike started 2 minutes after exhaust was off, is it possible that spark plugs have gone dead because of running lean for 2 minutes?

If anyone have an input what to look after i would be very happy :) I dont think the bike has the BAS module anymore.

again killswitch is working and fuel pump is priming. Kickstand is also been deleted, what direction should i look at before sending it to a mechanic? :((

THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi 09_blade there is no clutch switch, natural is lighting up green in the odometer so it should work then right?

I dont think there is a Bank angle sensor on this bike, as i said its at trackbike without key, or without light system. Bike was starting perfectly before fairings and exhaust got took off.
Here is a picture of the only things was behind fairing/odometer :(

Attachments

·
Tech SuperMod!
1,177 Posts
That picture doesn't show the BAS connector. Could you identify the connector further down the harness? It should be a 3 pin connector. Sometimes, people will short it out with a piece of wire to bypass it. I wonder if that piece of wire came loose.

·
Tech Moderator
182 Posts
Most likely BAS was bypassed with little section of jumper wire that fell out when you removed fairing. Where was that pile of wiring sitting when fairings were on? Strapped to fairing? Or just laying at bottom of fairings?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They were just laying in the track fairings, took em
Off and startet it two times and now wont start, but that BAS pin/connecter where should it be on bike if thats the problem?

i just tried spray some start gas in intake with airbox off still nothing so 100% ignition not letting bike start.!

Maybe you are right about BAS just need to find it 😳

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
327 Posts
Have you pulled a spark plug and watched to see if spark/no spark? Do you have a shop manual with a schematic for the bike? If not you should get one. When I was racing motorcycles I had to know the bike systems well and be able to fix the bike myself or I would never have been able to afford racing, couldn't afford to send to a mechanic and race.
With the wiring diagram you should be able to trace any connector and know what it was for. On a race bike I often re-wired the bike to eliminate all excess wiring. You would be surprized how much all the excess wire and connectors weighs and it made it easier to identify a problem.
Keep at it, you will find the problem, and learn more about the bike.
Post your finding and we will try to help, Listen to Blades posts, he has pretty much pointed to the items to look at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First off, when you turn the ignition on, the MIL light should blink on the dash. Count these blinks and this will help you with fault codes. Look in the manual for what faults correspond to the blinks and how to count them. The bank angle sensor connector is/should be close to the connector for the dash. It will be a green 3 terminal connector. If the connector is not present, you should look for a red/white and green wire to be connected together. This jumpers out the bank angle sensor. See the attached picture of my bike and you can see the green bank angle connector just behind the gauge.

Until you read the codes, you will be chasing your tail on what the issue is. I would also clean up the wiring and get it mounted properly to avoid any issues with the harness.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fuel tank

·
Tech Moderator
182 Posts
Measure sidestand, clutch switch wires at ECU connector.
Verify that kill-switch sends out 12v when set to RUN

1 - 14 of 14 Posts