Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have problems with my cbr 1000rr 2008, when trying to take of quickly from a stop my bike starts to hesitate but if you take off normal it wont do it and it would only do that in 1st gear

already changes: coils, spark plugs, injectors, throttle body, tps, cam chain sensor, wiring harness, fuel pump, flppers are open,

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
How many miles on the bike?
Feel like clutch slipping or maybe a bad first gear?
Check for clutch slippage by cruising along about 30 mph in 5th-6th gear and roll on the throttle quickly to wide open. If it's slipping you will feel the bike hesitate to climb in speed smoothly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles on the bike?
Feel like clutch slipping or maybe a bad first gear?
Check for clutch slippage by cruising along about 30 mph in 5th-6th gear and roll on the throttle quickly to wide open. If it's slipping you will feel the bike hesitate to climb in speed smoothly
It has 16639 miles, Once you are going like about 15 mph it wont hesitate and if you let go of the throttle and accelerate in first gear the bike would come up

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Guess we need more accurate info.
When you say hesitate do you mean the engine stumbles, cuts out, or do you mean the acceleration feel is jerky.
Watch your rpm's on the dash, do they jump up and down?

Have you had the bike since new or have a record of maintenance performed?
You are around the time frame due for a valve shim clearance check. Could be crank position sensor, could be short in wiring. Bad gas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're in neutral setting still and rev the motor up will it do it ?
No, o my when taking off from a stop,
If you take off quickly the bike would do it but once you get to 25 mph it wont do it if you take off normal it wont doe it also only when trying to take off quickly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess we need more accurate info.
When you say hesitate do you mean the engine stumbles, cuts out, or do you mean the acceleration feel is jerky.
Watch your rpm's on the dash, do they jump up and down?

Have you had the bike since new or have a record of maintenance performed?
You are around the time frame due for a valve shim clearance check. Could be crank position sensor, could be short in wiring. Bad gas.
When accelerating fat it feels like jerking and rpm would not jump up and down the would just go up slowly then hitting 25 mph you can feel the bike catch speed and not jerk no more i already swapped that crank position sensor and has new fuel pump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The engine is diffrent from its original so probable the miles on the odometer not the same as the engine. But in nuetrual and reving it it wont hesitate, and only does this in 1st gear but only on the take of i you are going like aboy 15 to 25 mph let go of the throttle and accelerate hard again the bike front wheel would come up and no hasitation these problem only does it at the very beginning

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you have aftermarket exhaust and or air filter it may just need the fueling sorted out. I experienced a similar issue in the very low rpm range prior to having the fueling optimized. I had no power or torque, throttle was very choppy and lacked responsiveness. This was only way down low in the rpm range.
Try giving it more throttle and feathering the clutch to control acceleration from a stop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have aftermarket exhaust and or air filter it may just need the fueling sorted out. I experienced a similar issue in the very low rpm range prior to having the fueling optimized. I had no power or torque, throttle was very choppy and lacked responsiveness. This was only way down low in the rpm range.
Try giving it more throttle and feathering the clutch to control acceleration from a stop.
I only have slip on, in that case i would have to put a pcv ? Or take it to a dyno ?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I only have slip on, in that case i would have to put a pcv ? Or take it to a dyno ?
It's not 'necessary' but I would recommend it. If you are happy with the performance of your bike, throttle response, and smoothness of power output throughout the rpm range than leave it alone.
The stock bike is lean from the get to pass emmisions and meet regulations (doesn't apply to EU bikes) so when you add anything (exhaust, air filter, velocity stacks) it allows more air than normal to flow into or out of the engine causing an even leaner condition.
Running anything especially a high rev engine such as a sport bike is not a good thing. Increased heat in the cylinders is the main concern. This can cause pre detonation or spark knock which is the last thing you want. Most modern engines have knock sensors or microphones in the engine to detect spark knock and will retard timing when it occurs to eliminate the possibility of catastrophic engine failure. This also reduces engine power.
Also when adding anything to allow more air to flow through the engine it will effect the AFR (air to fuel ratio) more in different rpm ranges. Most of these add ons will increase air flow at higher rpm's causing a leaner condition and that's not where you wanna be lean.
It's my personal opinion that for longevity and better/smoother engine performance you should look at an ECU flash, PC, or dyno tune but many will say it's not necessary. My belief it that these are the same guys having more issues with melted spark plugs, premature engine wear, overheating or high running temp issues. Just my opinion

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have ypu guys donde the flapper mod ? If so can you plz help me out i have 2 hoses left do i put a screw on both of them pr just one ? I put a screw on the right side hose where throttle is at and bike is fine and if i put a screw on the left side iddle comes down and if i take the screw off both of them iddle comes down and bikes has troble to turn back on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts