Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did the swap as well after reading this post....unfortunately bike runs like shit check engine light is on...must have the wrong wires connected. For those who did the 2013+ swaps to the 08 where is the switch for the neutral...any advice and pics would be appreciated. Thanx in advance to the brave souls that first ventured into the swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the swap...as state before everything bolts right in..if you just putting in the motor then direct bolt in. If you want the gear indicator then you MUST buy the new cluster, the new headlights, as well as the new headlight sub harness as they are different. Then to complete your swap obviously you will need new fairings which is what I did, and if you go that route you will need the different rear luggage mounts because it’s different. I hope it helps and good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to dig up a old thread. I did the swap and I used the 2013 harness and ecu. Did anyone have a issue with the headlights not working? I bought a wrecked 2013 setup and also used the headlight switch. I tried to swap my original headlight switch and still nothing. No brights symbol in the cluster when I click them on or anything. The lights were working prior to the swap.

If anyone has experience with this any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could just go with a 2012+ wiring harness instead of the 08 harness like I did.
You could just go with a 2012+ wiring harness instead of the 08 harness like I did.
hi , hey man I just swap 2013 on my 08 , I’m having travel staring the engine ,I use my original harness from the 08 everything plugs the only diferent was the neutral sensor , I just found out was a ground signal , I just connect the wire on the ground signal coming from the 2013 sensor it work , when I shift gear to neutral light come on , I have spark , fuel pump works , engine has 4K miles , the cylinder order it’s the same as 08 ? Thanks

21 - 34 of 34 Posts