Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the opportunity to grab some Ohlin's off of a 2015 SP... can someone confirm if they would work on a 2011?

the brembo's are also available, will they work with my rotors?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. And yes!

But! The front triple clamp MUST be from the SP bike to have the forks fit, because the upper and lower holes are different sizes vs. stock.
thank you for the reply, ill make sure ill grab the upper/lower triple... do you know if i can reuse the 2011 bearings? i recently did my bearings...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The inner stem is a different size. The outer race is the same, but I would recommend a new set of bearings regardless. Need a special tool for bearing install/removal.
The inner stem is a different size. The outer race is the same, but I would recommend a new set of bearings regardless. Need a special tool for bearing install/removal.
interesting, and the Brembo's are no issues if im reusing my wheels and rotors?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OEM Brembos will fit without modification to lines. Unlike aftermarket M4's the banjo is in the middle of the caliper and bleed bolt is 8mm. Also pistons are same as Tokicos 30x32mm so stock MC will work fine.
what if i upgraded to M4 down the road? will it work with the SP Ohlins, and stock calipers?

·
A1 SuperMod!
993 Posts
what if i upgraded to M4 down the road? will it work with the SP Ohlins, and stock calipers?
M4's come in two variants. 100mm and 108mm. Only the 108mm will work with SP Ohlins. Stock rotors are fine. Master cylinder will need to be 19mm piston size since the M4's have 4x34mm pistons.

Need to also trim about 2 inches off each brake line, since the M4's have a higher up banjo bolt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M4's come in two variants. 100mm and 108mm. Only the 108mm will work with SP Ohlins. Stock rotors are fine. Master cylinder will need to be 19mm piston size since the M4's have 4x34mm pistons.

Need to also trim about 2 inches off each brake line, since the M4's have a higher up banjo bolt.
Is there a 19mm master cylinder that will let me keep CRG levers. I assume m4 won't work to it's full potential with stock master cyclinder.

Could I keep the brake line unmodified?

·
A1 SuperMod!
993 Posts
Is there a 19mm master cylinder that will let me keep CRG levers. I assume m4 won't work to it's full potential with stock master cyclinder.

Could I keep the brake line unmodified?
With stock lines and aftermarket M4's (NOT OEM SP Brembo's), there will be extra line such that if you try to use the stock fender mounts, the line will buckle. If it's the Brembo's that come with the SP CBR1000RR then don't worry about it it's a direct fit.

CRG makes a lever for select Brembo master cylinders, but not the RCS19.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts