Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Pretty straight forward; bleed, replace, fill, & bleed.

This section is a little tricky, I remove the top bolt for easier access to those hard line bolts.

When tightening MC banjo you really got to pull that banjo w your other hand so that it does not contact & short that switch and blew a fuse like I did, easy fix though.

I torque all banjo bolts to 24 in lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad the switch fix was easy (y)
thank you.

I’m sure there’s a good technique y’all use to keep those banjos from turning when tightening, I just don’t do it often enough to figuring one out haha

·
Registered
232 Posts
Glad you got them on, like you said, pretty straightforward. Curious, was yours also with no longer bolt included for the fender block, and you had to buy a longer one?

Reactions: Maximus7

·
Registered
232 Posts
Stuff the lines.

Removing that damn reflector was the better mod!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)

I left my reflectors on. o_O I will use any aid to be seen with those asshats cagers...

Reactions: Maximus7

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you got them on, like you said, pretty straightforward. Curious, was yours also with no longer bolt included for the fender block, and you had to buy a longer one?
Thanks for the help w this one!
It did NOT include the required longer bolt, Goodridge is missing the mark on this one.
I had to resize a spare I had.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone got hold of Goodridge about this bolt issue?

Is it possible that all these kits with short bolts are chinese clone/fake kits?
I ordered from directly Goodridge UK while I was waiting for my order I was in contact w them. It was taking longer than normal during 1st Covid shutdown. Not sure how it could be counterfeit knock off, In my case anyway.
There is also no installation instructions. I just figured that’s just how they do it; bare bones race parts haha.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Has anyone got hold of Goodridge about this bolt issue?

Is it possible that all these kits with short bolts are chinese clone/fake kits?

I am guessing Goodrich is assuming the stock bolt is to be reused, so they do not include one, so per say there is no "short bolt" per say. Rather an omission on R&D, LOL. They are made upon order, and I do not think they can be ordered elsewhere. I ordered mine too from them, in England.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I ordered from directly Goodridge UK while I was waiting for my order I was in contact w them. It was taking longer than normal during 1st Covid shutdown. Not sure how it could be counterfeit knock off, In my case anyway.
There is also no installation instructions. I just figured that’s just how they do it; bare bones race parts haha.

But if its wrong its wrong and someone needs to call out their bullshit.

I am guessing Goodrich is assuming the stock bolt is to be reused, so they do not include one, so per say there is no "short bolt" per say. Rather an omission on R&D, LOL. They are made upon order, and I do not think they can be ordered elsewhere. I ordered mine too from them, in England.
Assuming with a brake kit is very dangerous. I expect better from Goodrich.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But if its wrong its wrong and someone needs to call out their bullshit.

Assuming with a brake kit is very dangerous. I expect better from Goodrich.
I agree, the kit should be complete especially for the price.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Maybe they changed suppliers and the banjos are now thicker?

Or which bolt am I thinking this is?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Out of curiosity, do you feel any difference in lever travel or stiffness with the stainless lines on the ABS?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe they changed suppliers and the banjos are now thicker?

Or which bolt am I thinking this is?

It’s actually this bolt right here that needs to be 5MM or so longer than OEM.
But you could be right, that metal block support dimensions could have recently changed.

But their QC should have caught that

Yes it’s a little crooked, but I fixed it after the photo haha

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Out of curiosity, do you feel any difference in lever travel or stiffness with the stainless lines on the ABS?
I haven’t gone more than a quick rip on the local fwy, but I noted a little better feel of stiffness. I’ll report back when I get out some work on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts