Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but did you use copper washers between the banjos? I always thought they needed a washer to seal but it doesn't appear to have one in the picture.
Yea, I did use copper washers. The photo was taken when I was just temp fitting the lines to get stuff lined up (had to rotate the banjos a bit). So not a stupid question and good eye, lol

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey @Shinji43 . Interested to see you have two lines from the RHS caliper. Is one of those to do away with the junction at the rear of the fender?

I've done braided on non-ABS bikes, and of course we run both lines up to the double banjo on master cylinder. Just interested where your second line goes.

For those not conversant with this, here is my OEM fitment also on SP:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had the Galfer kit on my 09 and the second line hops over to the left caliper.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had the Galfer kit on my 09 and the second line hops over to the left caliper.
Interesting.

I suppose it's merely a different configuration. As mentioned, I used the UK's 'HEL' system which is two lines running individually from the master to each caliper.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Interesting.

I suppose it's merely a different configuration. As mentioned, I used the UK's 'HEL' system which is two lines running individually from the master to each caliper.
View attachment 259954
I should clarify, this was back when I had the ABS kit on my 09. After removing ABS, I now run two lines from MC in front of the forks.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Hey @Shinji43 . Interested to see you have two lines from the RHS caliper. Is one of those to do away with the junction at the rear of the fender?

I've done braided on non-ABS bikes, and of course we run both lines up to the double banjo on master cylinder. Just interested where your second line goes.

For those not conversant with this, here is my OEM fitment also on SP:
View attachment 259948
As @09_Blade mentioned, there are 2 lines on the right caliper, one goes to the left and the other up to the ABS junction block where it meets with the line that goes to the master:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was not able to find any SS lines for a 17 ABS in the US on google. Galfer included, only for non ABS; thus why I ordered the BF Goodrich (front only). It could very well be me sucking at searching, LOL.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts