Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a little diagnoses I found that my cylinder head problem has now turned into a rod knock!!!!!!SON OF A BITCH......Anyways now I am looking for a motor. If anyone has got one let me know. I will take anything to ride this summer. I have heard that an 06-07 motor will work to however I dont know what it will take. SO if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated..

Brandon

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Got a monster motor for sale if you want. With the parts you have from your motor, you can easily swap this thing in. Do a search, many guys here have made the swap.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1444971&postcount=1

Well after a little diagnoses I found that my cylinder head problem has now turned into a rod knock!!!!!!SON OF A BITCH......Anyways now I am looking for a motor. If anyone has got one let me know. I will take anything to ride this summer. I have heard that an 06-07 motor will work to however I dont know what it will take. SO if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated..

Brandon

·
grim reaper
725 Posts
why dont you just have your rebuilt?

you can contact wfo-motorsports.com, he does a very good job and build alot of motors

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a guy lined up with the parts to replace for a very great price, when I went to the local shop he wanted to charge me 1800 dollars for the rebuild. So I had to burn the guy with the parts who went way out of his way for me to now look for a whole new motor because a whole motor would be cheaper then him rebuilding it. IT is a connecting rod tick that I have. SO now I found someone with a motor and now he is not responding to my PM's. So now Im looking for another. If anyone has a motor to go in a 04 let me know. If its an 06-07 I will need everything to make it work in my bike.....Please let me know...I am already missing some of the riding season and want to get my bike back on the streets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts