Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they the same? Just read the thread about running the 06-07 top injectors with a 05 computer is a no no which makes sense to me why my bike felt slower after the motor swap.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
upper injector swap

i run an 05 with upper 06-07 nozzles, they are both or should i say all 12 hole npzzles, the cbr1k never had a 6 hole, honda only noted in 06 that the bikes were using a 12 hole nozzle in 06. some people took this to mean that it was changed in 06. only the uppers. 04-05 have same brown # 5's upper and lower, 06 got blue #6's upper and stayed with #5 lowers. resistance values are the same so the ecu cannot tell which are in place because no variation in the resistace. they will only flow more volume in same duration meaning for example a 5 flows 50cc and a 6 flows 60cc in the same period of time. if your engine has the capacity to handle the more fuel and you have a pclll to alter your top injector duration, its a very basic conversion and tuning process

·
cut the fat
1,534 Posts
Frank, ever heard of green upper injectors? E.g. A friend and me were looking @ my brown '04 injectors and although his were supposedly '04s, they were green. Can you shed any light on this?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey repsolguy i seen that you were saying that your bike was fine in the post im talking about only thing is my bike was actually slower with the 07 motor W/05 ECU and it just didnt pull up top like it used too. It sometimes felt like it actually missed up top occasionally. I looked on here for answers for this problem and found nothing i tried plugs diffrent maps everything and nothing made it better. This year i am changing the fuel pump and back to my 04-05 top injectors. Maybe and i stress MAYBE running a whatever ecu you have and the 06-07 tops didnt make diffrence but im running a DK ECU and MAYBE this ecu and 06-07 tops combo is bad juju and is the root of the loss in performance and the intermittent miss up top. Shitty thing is i have changed other things so if the problem goes away i cant say it was 100% this but given what timmdogg and diel have said it sounded EXACTLY like the issue i was having. Dont know if this matters but it seemed to be ALOT worse when it was cold out.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
clarification

i am actually colorblind, i just looked at the injectors that are top and bottom 04-05, they are the same color as chocolate not grass type green. thats the reference/guideline i would use. they are "denso 5C3" markings on the upper body of the nozzle. now i must say that i have not done any dyno tests to qualify and say solid numbers, i can tell you the before and after have no harm, right now i have been seat of the pants experimenting with different intake combo's to see what feels the strongest after putting my durbahn carbon air box in place. i started with straight change to box, very strong mid range and hard top pull, enough change to tell it was there. next was to add hrc velocity stacks, short and long, longs produced only noticable power benefits all ranges, next short hrc stacks, very little loss in mid range but good hard pull from 7500-8000 to redline. next i put the blue injectors on and cant say it harmed any at all, none. but when this bike right now hits 8k in 1st 2nd and only hard throttle in 3rd gear it just pulss the front wheel about 6-8 inches off the ground and holds it there until redline, it never did this beyong 2nd gear in the past. the upper nozzles only blow from 6k up. so i feel now that this is the foundation i will use when the bike goes to the dyno for the final tune. i would be misleading to say any hard results other than that because to dyno with each combo would just be to long of a row to ho

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if your bored throw your old injectors on and take it for a spin and report back.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any results?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
results soon

any results?
its raining for a couple days here, so i am gonna change them out tonight and give it a try. with my carbon airbox the upper injectors are inside the box, this means that i have had to safety wire the bolts holding them to the carrier bracket and the fuel rail and feed hose fasteners because if the were to come loose inside the box and drop, the results would be catastrophic, so this is a procedure that i only do as needed for a specific reason

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea that's a lot of work do it when you have time man no pressure. Sick setup by the way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
you should check out Simpson Cycles and pick up the 07 elec. decent prices on parts. ive order from them a bit they're my fav parts store

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i have all of it wiring harness etc i just didn't have a hrc ecu for a 06-07 and already had my dan kyle ECU for 04-05. When i bought my 07 motor the general consensus on the board was that it was no better to run the 06-07 electronics so i didn't bother to switch still have all of it but the cam sensor and the speed sensor just sold those.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
injector swap

i had a chance to go back to 04-05 uppers, cant say anything changed, so to say that a 04-05 with later blue upper nozzles will suffer, is plain wrong. can say that today saturday when i finished putting the later nozzles back into place and tweaking the map that WSTAAB provided me by richening up 2 points across the board from 6k up at 40% throttle and higher. bike felt very good, enough to notice over the initial install of the high volume carbon airbox. but what sealed my thoughts was when a friend of mine who bought a full blown attack zx10r superbike that was used by hacking and roger lee, but was sold with a full superstocked motor, not kitted superbike. it makes 184 documented hp. he rode my bike and said in shame that "this cbr delivers BETTER AND MORE USEABLE HORSEPOWER with the bottom end kinda power of a formula extreme 600" dont know the meaning of the wording, but its what he said. dyno numbers will verify, but i will not be doing pulss with anything but the later upper nozzles

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i don't know what the deal is then because i finally had a chance to run my bike with the 04-50 injectors and OMG INSANE difference. Now remember i changed my fuel pump too but i am 80% sure it was the top injectors this thing is back the way it was before i changed my motor. NO missing just clean rip through the top R's i love it i say stick with the 04-05 injectors if your running a 04-05 ECU and harness :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 04 CBR 1000rr with a Dan Kyle racing ECU, PC5, Flapper valve mod, PAIR mod, K&N air filters. Full Titanium/Carbon Fiber 4-2-1 exhaust. -1 +2 sprocket w/ 520 gold chain conversion. This is the ONLY thread that mentions Anything about The secondary blue tops. I ordered all 4 blue tops on the fuel rail for like $14 on ebay and did the swap of secondary injectors on my 04 CBR 1000rr. I can totally feel a difference in power now and I am surprised this is the only thing I've found on the internet about this small mod. Its the best bang for your buck in my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts