Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going back and forth between selling the bike or keeping. The last thing I actually "need" is another bike, but know once some of this stuff is gone I'll never see anything like it again. I am not 100% committed to parting it out, but decided if I get serious interested in a couple of the more expensive items that I will go ahead and do it. I just don't want to sell off 1 or 2 parts, end up keeping the rest and wishing I had the parts I sold back. Marchesini Forged Magnesium wheels (some scratches from tire changes) $1500, Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Exhaust with Carbon Muffler $1300, Sharskinz Bodywork $600 plus shipping. Penkse shock and forks with upgraded internals $1200, Harris rearsets (setup for GP Shift) $300, Vortex clipons $100. Has slipper clutch that will be available but need to verify brand. Price include shipping (except for bodywork) in continental US. Bike is in excellent condition overall, I will provide detailed pictures and descriptions of parts upon request

·
Registered
554 Posts
None of my business....but what a shame to destroy a good bike.:(
Why are you making him feel bad about it? At some point it's just time to part ways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
None of my business....but what a shame to destroy a good bike.:(
I bought it on a whim figuring I could make a little money on it. The pictures and description in the ad didn't do the bike justice, so I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was when I picked it up. After seeing it I was seriously considering keeping it. But I already have a well setup 600RR track bike and am not to the point where I should take a 1000cc bike to the track. So I knew if I left it as a track bike it would just sit around. Then I started thinking about converting it back to a street bike. But due to a back injury the other street bikes I have are much more comfortable than the 1000RR would be. So I know it would likely just sit most of the time that way too. I agree it is a shame to tear such a nice bike apart, an hesitant to do so because I know it is unlikely to run into another bike from this era with this caliber of parts this one has. But I also don't like to keep things around that just sit, so if I am being honest with myself I know I just need to let the stuff go. That being said, I was still on the fence when I created this post, but have pretty much decided to sell all the parts. I have a couple guys that said they want the wheels and are getting the cash together, another guy that is supposed to be ready to buy the suspension in the next day or two. But as of know everything is still available. So let me know if you want any more detailed pictures or info on any of the parts. I'll try to get some better pictures of everything added to this thread within the next couple days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sad day for me... Wheels were shipped this morning to their new owner. I am definitely committed to selling the parts now. Everything else is still available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I’ll include the windscreen too. The corner of the windscreen has a small crack that they safety wired to hold together. But it isn’t very noticeable and still mounts solid.

·
Stand your ground
1,121 Posts
PM sent regarding Akrapovic exhaust

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the wheels from the seller, Rear rim arrived bent still no resolution. I basically have a paper weight the seller stopped responding and nothing got resolved its been 4 months, since he filed the claim for shipping damage.
Still in limbo with a bent wheel I cant use.

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
I bought the wheels from the seller, Rear rim arrived bent still no resolution. I basically have a paper weight the seller stopped responding and nothing got resolved its been 4 months, since he filed the claim for shipping damage.
Still in limbo with a bent wheel I cant use.
That’s too bad. I am going to close this thread, until the resolves things wt you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.