Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ironically we picked our bikes up on the same day. May 6th, Thursday. Before these bikes that we had, I had an 03 Kawasaki 636 and he had a 02 GSXR Telefonica. (I rode it a lot too for fun). So we have this drag racing road around our town. It literally is as large as a highway road but with stop lights and no one can pull out because there are no stores in the section that you race on. Fuck cops. So anyways, he use to win all the time with his GSXR 600 vs my Ninja 636. I thought he had more experience than me but I never knew why because this kid had only been riding streetbikes for about 2 years and I've been riding my whole life starting on dirtbikes. Now for the good part.. today for some reason we went up to the dragging road and at the last minute it dawned on me he probably wants to race. He's such a cocky bastard sometimes. But you need to know this also.. going up to the drag spot we were pinning both bikes but I was behind him about 4 car lengths yet I could feel and see my bike catching up to him. So then we pull the uturn and drive up to the light both of us were a little anxious. I ask him "so is this like a race or something?" He shook his head yes and said something like "yeah maybe". I might have been a little over confident knowing I just caught up to him with both bikes pinned. So the light turns green and we both take off. My bike came up a little bit I wasnt paying attention to his so I dont know his details. I had to lay off the throttle while in first then shifted to second and thats when it came up about 1 1/2 feet off the ground again. EXCITING. So here I am in a wheelie passing him then I shift into third and gun it until the shift light comes on. Then I do the same for all the gears until I'm up near 160MPH and I seriously SMOKED this 04 GSXR 1000 and believe me I AM PROUD. He had to leave so I pulled into where some friends were hanging and he went his own way. We are good friends but sometimes he is too cocky and tonight I showed him what was up! Now I know I sound confident and I'm never usually like this so please give me a break. :) He ended up calling me saying "wasnt that crazy" and all that. Then he said "Jarrod you are really a good rider" and I said "thank you".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.