Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people. I have a 2005 1000RR that is failing to prime. I have applied 12 volt to the pump directly and it primes. The engine is cranking when i hit the start button. I have checked the relay, fuses, kill switch. There is voltage to the connection for the pump under the tank for the fuel pump. I also have the dash code (FI) flashing 9 times indicating the Air Intake temp sensor is faulty. I have checked the wiring harness for continuity and also voltage at the connector for the sensor and all is good according to whats stated in the manual. I have changed the sensor for a brand new one and still the same. Starting to look like ECU !? Any input or advice greatly received guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Mate,

I bought an 06 Fireblade recently, and i've found that the engine switch is super unreliable on my bike. The switch doesnt recognise that it's been turned on half the time, and i have to really press down hard on the switch for it to make contact and get the fuel pump priming. This is entirely an issue with the switch and nothing else, because it runs fine once i hear the fuel pump work and she fires up just fine.

I pulled the ignition switch apart and tried to clean the contact patches, but they are a bit hard to get to. Sounds silly, but have you tested to make sure your switch works perfectly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts