Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
has this gone anywhere im thinking of doing this....

·
L'Poser
5,929 Posts
You mean this?

Before:

After:

·
Registered
917 Posts
so u dont have to move the ECU, do you have to move the overflow bottle?
The 04-05 overflow bottle does not fit in the 06-07 fairings. Not even close.

You do not have to move the ecu, but if you don't you need to find a home for an overflow bottle. Like this:

--This setup is going into its 3rd year (including daily commuting, trackdays and 95+ degrees summer days with zero problems--

·
Registered
1 Posts
IMO, except the info from jgetz524, this entire thread is crap and should be deleted! Please don't waste your time like I did. I was dumb and actually tried to move the ECU like advised in the beginning of this thread. I spent countless hours trying to get this to work, the harness is too short, not to mention what a freakin pain.

Just spend ten minutes and install a small cylindrical overflow bottle beside the radiator. This is much quicker and easier.

BTW:
1) Upper and headlight are the same.
2) Tank cover is the same.
3) Tail is the same.
4) Mid and lowers are different. I fabricated the brackets to mount them.

*I used an ABS body from Hong Kong, and the body bracket and the overflow bottle are the only mods that I had to make.

I hope this helps,

·
High Side Expert!
87 Posts
IMO, except the info from jgetz524, this entire thread is crap and should be deleted! Please don't waste your time like I did. I was dumb and actually tried to move the ECU like advised in the beginning of this thread. I spent countless hours trying to get this to work, the harness is too short, not to mention what a freakin pain.

Just spend ten minutes and install a small cylindrical overflow bottle beside the radiator. This is much quicker and easier.

BTW:
1) Upper and headlight are the same.
2) Tank cover is the same.
3) Tail is the same.
4) Mid and lowers are different. I fabricated the brackets to mount them.

*I used an ABS body from Hong Kong, and the body bracket and the overflow bottle are the only mods that I had to make.

I hope this helps,
That did help, thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just did mines!!!! after reading everybodys tips and advise i just decided to just get 06 rad and brackets cut and relocate the ECU inbetween the intake box and the damper (GPR) it fit tight but just perfect thats its!!!!!!!!!!! Now She looks Sexy................

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Can aneyone repost the pics in the first post? My english is not so good. I don't understand completely. Those pics would be a huge help for me.

THX in advance

Does nobody have some pics?

I also have a problem with the left inner fairing. They won't seem to fit. The electrics are in the way. Do I have to trim them?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.