Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Schematic Font Circuit component Parallel Slope

this is an '04 wiring harness diagram, I own a '05 1000RR. Hypothetically, if we were POSITIVE that my 'no fuel prime' at warm startup was a wiring harness issue, what wires would you begin checking? Hypothetically speaking of course... I know what im checking first but seeing if there are any electrical peeps who have had this problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
'07 CBR 1000 RR & A COUPLE '86 GSXR 1100'S
4 Posts
Greetings. I had a similar issue w/ my'07. Was pulling my hair out after bypassing the clutch & the side-stand safeties. Even replaced the kill switch & the relays while I was at it. My pump functioned while directly wired to the battery & all fuses in the fuse-box had continuity , I figured I was covering all bases... Not the case. The connectors were snapped in completely. But the pins had gotten sloppy from disconnecting & reconnecting so many times. More accurately from not releasing the connectors as they were meant to be ( ...w/out pulling on the wires to get the connectors apart / trying to hurry through my repairs ). All I had to do was push the wires back into the connectors completely. I thought my issue was when the bike warmed up as well from the intermittent priming. But it wasn't. In my haste I forgot to use that good ol' common sense. ... Not to say that youre in the same boat that I'm in.
Maybe your issue wont require following the brown/black & green wires backwards from the pump to the fuel cut-off relay ... To both safeties...& onward. Check the connections first, though. Hope this helps. Good luck, Brother.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts