Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone know if the ball joint on the shift lever can be removed without damaging it? I see that it is serviced with the ball joint attached but was wondering if it is possible to remove it with out damaging. I would like to get my shift lever powder coated black but that process cannot be done with the ball joint/rubber boot attached to it.

If anyone has successfully removed this please post up/inform. :thumbsup:

Thanks much,
-John

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took mine apart with no problems. the rubber piece comes off.
MrBrooks,
Thanks for the reply. Were you able to actually remove the ball joint from the lever? If so, how? Did you simply pry/push/pop it off with a flat blade screwdriver or..??

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
739 Posts
Everything on the back of mine is powdercoated except for that which I rattle canned flat black. It gets no real wear from boots when riding so I saved a few $...

·
Registered
419 Posts
ok so I looked at it.. I cant remember if I popped it off or just left it on when I got it done. just unbolt it and look at it. I dont remember having any problems with anything except after I put it back together I didnt sand out the pc inside the shift lever and it was stick for the first couple days of riding but it worked itself out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts