32,613 Posts
Should have kept your 07.

How many is "high" mileage

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Should have kept your 07.

How many is "high" mileage
+1 it is a Honda........ It will run damn near forever if you take care of it.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
High mileage on a bike to me is 5,000.
Yup. Should have kept it. Mine didn't start shifting good until around 4k. You've barely broken it in by 5.

·
Back in business
985 Posts
IMO, worst mistake of your life...:th_down:

I guess if you can replace it with a repsol 07 again, you could partly redeem yourself. 5,000 miles is nothing for these bikes. I am expecting to get 40,000 miles before the first valve adjustment, not to say that I wont check them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I beat the shit out of my bikes, so I wouldn't feel safe having more than 5,000 miles on it. I got 9g's for my repsol anyways im not worried about it. Thanks for all your replies.

·
Back in business
985 Posts
That's not a bad sale price. I'm not trying to take a stab at you, but just saying that the bike will still last a very long time even if its made track only and beaten within an inch of it's life every single ride. These bikes are very reliable and made to be abused.

·
Registered
764 Posts
JUST WOW!
Did someone say WOW? I second that. Get an 08 though you will love it. I sold my 05 r1, 3 yrs old to the month. 13000 miles, my 08 purchased new in Mid Nov, 2300 miles already. These things truly will run along time. Good friends had a 89 CBR1000, old school, 110000, and I adjusted the valves every 30k or 40K, screw and locknut, the intakes were always a little tight, exhausts loose, book called for adjustments like 8000 or something. He sold it to get a Busa, but was still running strong.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I had over 30000 on my 954RR when I sold it and it had no problems. Getting rid of bikes that only have 5000 miles (due to high milage) is RETARDED.

You sir, are a retard

Do the rest of us a favor and stop spreading your mental illness across the internet

1 - 20 of 86 Posts