Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BANNED
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies in advance, I know there's already a sticky on this issue but there seems to be little traffic on that thread. I picked up my '07 CBR1000RR new in March of '09, unfortunately the dealer that sold the bike to me hadn't bothered to check to see if there was a recall, so for the last two months I've been riding around on a ticking time bomb.....great! I received a recall notice in the mail from Honda yesterday and a phone call to the dealer got no real answers, " Sometimes these things just slip through the cracks" was the sales managers lame answer. I call it gross negligence but that's another matter. I hate to let a stealership mechanic touch my bike but I guess I have no real choice here. How many of you guys with '06/'07s had cracked vent pipe welds and had to have the tank replaced? I've heard it runs about 50/50. How dangerous is this thing? I noticed the recall didn't come out until December 2007 when some owners had been already riding there bikes for almost two years. Scary stuff!

Kruz

·
Registered
766 Posts
If I remember correctly they didn't replace my tank :sad010:
I kinda wanted a free new tank....oh well

Just take a dealer and double check their work when you pick it up. At least thats what I did

·
Registered
235 Posts
My apologies in advance, I know there's already a sticky on this issue but there seems to be little traffic on that thread. I picked up my '07 CBR1000RR new in March of '09, unfortunately the dealer that sold the bike to me hadn't bothered to check to see if there was a recall, so for the last two months I've been riding around on a ticking time bomb.....great! I received a recall notice in the mail from Honda yesterday and a phone call to the dealer got no real answers, " Sometimes these things just slip through the cracks" was the sales managers lame answer. I call it gross negligence but that's another matter. I hate to let a stealership mechanic touch my bike but I guess I have no real choice here. How many of you guys with '06/'07s had cracked vent pipe welds and had to have the tank replaced? I've heard it runs about 50/50. How dangerous is this thing? I noticed the recall didn't come out until December 2007 when some owners had been already riding there bikes for almost two years. Scary stuff!

Kruz
You got a new 07 in March of this year? :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.