Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
So i got my bike back from honda after sending it it for Cam timing chain and guides and Tensioner i rode 120kms with it and felt my leg full of oil the leak is coming from the center bolt at the rear of tensioner which is no longer in there what could have caused that?

·
Registered
110 Posts
. . . felt my leg full of oil the leak is coming from the center bolt at the rear of tensioner which is no longer in there what could have caused that?
Seems as if the cam chain tensioner lock nut wasn't tightened and the tensioner bolt has unwound itself from the holder.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Should be no problems. You would have noticed if your oil light came on due to low pressure. It would seem that whilst the oil made a mess, it was not enough to cause engine damage. You should take photos immediately and send to dealer accompanied by a phone call to report to them. They surely must admit it was a mechanics fault - assuming that it is in fact a problem related to THEIR work.

Once the motor has been topped up with oil and tensioner replaced, all should be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks it happend after they closed saterday i will be there in a few hours when they open so i can sort it out with them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts