Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I recently bought a 07 CBR , when purchased it , engine was cold, the (seller) started the bike , no problem... it idled , revved beautifully. , I used my work van to transport the bike home....,took the bike out of van....i started it Drove it to my garage, We’re bike is stored...., the next day, I tried starting and NOTHING!!!! Any help would be amazing!!!! Not sure what could of happen! I checked all fuses .... I’m at a loss... plwaaw

·
Registered
242 Posts
What are the first signs?

Does it show power on the dash, or does it turn over?

07 Blades are super reliable. First thoughts are dead battery, or if it is turning over, kill switch might have been accidentally knocked during transportation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery is BRANDNEW, cranks very well....I just don’t seem to hear the typical fuel pump “priming” when I turn key to “on” position....I drive the bike after taking it out of the van and worked perfectly fine. Bike will just keep turning over but won’t fire.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,088 Posts
Check your kill switch if your not hearing your fuel pump.
next check your fuse. Has to be something small.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kill switch is definitely in “ON” position ...should I replace it? Or just take it apart and bypass to see if bad

·
Registered
100 Posts
It was the kill switch!!!!! Thanks “hardcoremofonig”
Honda uses this grease on the electrical contacts that hardens and turns yellow after a long time. It makes your turn signals feel mushy and headlights/kill switch not contact properly. You can take apart the switch, clean off the contacts and put some fresh bulb grease on it to keep that from happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts