Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 07 I would get 135 miles till my light came on. It fell to 110. With just a slip on. I put a Bazzaz z-fi and a z-afm self map on and now I'm down to 90 mile when the light comes on. The wide band is set at 13air fuel. I guess what I'm asking is the normal.

·
Pro Member
1,512 Posts
Obviously there's going to be some sacrifice for performance, but losing 45 miles on a tank seems a bit much for just a slip on. Maybe you didn't get the tank completely full on the last fill-up?

·
Registered
674 Posts
i just got 117 today .....my 07 has only 470 miles and a slipon thats it

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Its not your slip-on, its your mapping. The stock bike is designed to meet EPA regulations, IE, they are lean, quiet, and sometimes gutless.

Your Bazzazz is now giving it the fuel it wants which is helping make better/more power so your mileage will go down. Either way, these aren't design to be long distance road warriors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew when I put the programmer on it would go down. But I lost 25 to 30 before the programmer.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Is your PAIR blocked off?

Is your air filter looking like its growing cheese?

Could be a few different problems, but if you have a self tune and the PAIR still hooked up you might be seeing some negative side effects

·
Back in business
985 Posts
You also have to consider how you are driving it after you put on the performance mods...

I'm not saying that there isn't something wrong, but just that there are other factors.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The PAIR is a system used to inject air into the exhaust. It is stictly an emissions thing but the extra air in the exhaust will throw off your 02 senor into thinking the A/F ratio is much different than it actually is. Do a search for PAIR mod and you will find many threads covering the topic.

·
Registered
157 Posts
my light comes on around 110miles

·
Will work for tires
308 Posts
FWIW, I installed BMC race filters on my '04 and my mileage improved. Something to consider.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Arrow S/O, DNA filters, flapper mod, and my mileage improved after I put the PC3 on. I would consistently get 125-132 per tank . I just put the PC3 on and my light did not come on until 146-147. I thought my low fuel light was broken for a minute.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an 06 with a slip on and BMC race filters and a pcIII, and when i installed it was spitting fuel out the tail pipe. I had it dyno tuned to 142hp and 42 mpg.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No need to keep posting what you got with your pc's........ he didn't know what the PAIR system was, so pretty safe to say it is still working and as such, he'll be making the bike rich off it's head coz the 02 sensor is reading the air/fuel and it will be lean (coz the air is being pumped in to the exhaust), but this is not how the actual engine is running. Until you disconnect that PAIR you will use way too much fuel and is something to remember for everyone else that runs something like this or the PCV etc.

Let us know how it is once you have that sorted, I am sure you'll be sweet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Arrow S/O, DNA filters, flapper mod, and my mileage improved after I put the PC3 on. I would consistently get 125-132 per tank . I just put the PC3 on and my light did not come on until 146-147. I thought my low fuel light was broken for a minute.
Wow, lol. That's like mileage I would get on my 600

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow, lol. That's like mileage I would get on my 600
Yeah, I need to run another tank to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

·
Registered
674 Posts
im gonna just once keep it under 5 grand for a whole tank.....i know it's gonna be hard to do but i wanna see if i can beat my previous 117 becasue i rapped it up to 165 during that tank full

·
Registered
674 Posts
after i did the flapper disableing the bike got 132!.....now i installed a pc3usb and bmc race i got 118......i got 114 with stock filters and slipon only.....gonna get a custom tune now how much of a MUST is it to do the pair mod for this?......will the custom tune still be good and smooth with it?....my mubers are super accurate per my garmin zumo 550

1 - 20 of 26 Posts