Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best system as far as weight savings and overall performance that can still be gotten today. I have stock headers and D&D slip on, but isn't the performance version slip on. I should be getting my engine back in a day or 2 from shop that is doing degrees on stock cam using APE adjustable cam sprockets. I already have woolich race tools complete system (quick shift, data logger, and full ECU flash hardware). I have my core moto apex 6 wheels on hand. Rear sets, tires, brake rotors, and exhaust is all I have left. Slow build turns into get done ad fast as possible from unexpected emergency on second vehicle. I have completely gutted intake, and have racing air fillets on, and have done pair block of plates. I need exhaust to work with what has been done to bike to far, not one just because.

·
Stand your ground
1,100 Posts
Arata full Ti system. Can still be found on ebay sold by Simon Kobe. His ebay store is HardPartsJapan. Get ready to pony up the $$$ though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are some thoughts on ti force full titanium systems? What would be power gains compared to something like akrapovic evo? They don't have arata systems available for my year

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
You would get more change in actual performance from the weight savings of a 520 conversion kit than you are going to get with a full vs a slip-on...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found something

Akrapovic Evolution Full Exhaust System- Honda CBR1000RR (2004-2005) - Akrapovic Exhaust - Exhaust - Motorcycle Exhaust - MotorcycleToyStore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

I have sent them a question on whether or not they can really get it (after hours so I have to wait for response tomorrow)

Will this fit my 07? I had a line on this exhaust used for $2k plus $100 shipping. Hard parts Japan didn't have Arata exhaust, only ti force with dented can, and they want $699 plus $99 shipping.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
I found something

Akrapovic Evolution Full Exhaust System- Honda CBR1000RR (2004-2005) - Akrapovic Exhaust - Exhaust - Motorcycle Exhaust - MotorcycleToyStore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

I have sent them a question on whether or not they can really get it (after hours so I have to wait for response tomorrow)

Will this fit my 07? I had a line on this exhaust used for $2k plus $100 shipping. Hard parts Japan didn't have Arata exhaust, only ti force with dented can, and they want $699 plus $99 shipping.

If they actually have it then it will very likely fit, but you may have to be very mindful of both the radiator hose routing on the down pipes and the way it mounts to the subframe in the back.

Personally I think it is a colossal waste of money for a 13 year old bike. For that kind of cheese you could get the front end re-worked with some quality Ohlins cartridges and extended fork caps!

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
You would get more change in actual performance from the weight savings of a 520 conversion kit than you are going to get with a full vs a slip-on...
I would listen to Mike on this^^.
You can find used systems for much less if you still want to do the full system. But if you have the coin and don't mind spending it that system is very nice. Someone on here recently had an Arata full system for sale, can't remember who, but that would be my first choice. By far.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up getting the ti Force exhaust on Ebay for $700. And since $2k seems a lot for a 13 year old bike for an exhaust....

$2368 for core motto apex 6 wheels after powder coat
$836 for ti Force exhaust after tax and delivery
$300 for adjustable cam sprockets and having a degree job done
$761 (plus tax and shipping) woolich 2006-2007 CBR1000RR - Log Box K v3 + Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband Package
$437 (plus tax and shipping) woolich 2006-2007 Honda CBR1000RR Race Tools Package
$600 (approx) for new plastics and then had to replace one piece dogs go into and ate, and one other I broke
$640 new front brake rotors

Things left to get. New set of tires, and a set of rearsets. I've had the bike 8 years, before this, pair block off and PCV with auto tuner done on dyno.

2 months ago I turned 47. August 1st of last year I woke having 3 strokes, and I went to work in that condition. I have minor numbness in right ear and down my neck, no other damage (besides constant Dr. visits and lifetime medication)

600 hurricane, then 600 f4, then they crammed a 900 motor in the 600 frame, then 919, then 929, then 954, and finally the 1krr. It had always been outside my purchasing power.

I was a kid of the 80's. I always wanted a bike (other than the 450 street bike I had and dirt bikes) but I grew up looking at them wondering if something better than 3 coffee cans welded together hanging off one side (by eye it had laguage hanging on one side) and then under tail. How could anyone take a straight line (standing in front or back of bike) and screw it up? 2008, and back to the coffee cans. Aesthetically........

This is my midlife crises. This is my bike. I can take around 6 months to do it some good ($), I can't afford to buy a new bike, have custom undertail exhaust made (to address the lipstick on a pig issue of newer bikes), and then do all this extra stuff. I want to finish this before it's too late to enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Props man 👍🏼 Sounds like you're putting together a nice build. Nothing like a project bike to put one back on the road to recovery.

I'd say 98% of the members here have spent some serious dough on their bikes. And none will ever get back what they spent. So do what you wanna do, build your bike the way you want to, and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone have any experience with ti force exhaust? Their website just showed a white page. I got the system installed, but it feels like something is missing. Gaskets on first tubes coming off head. They are stainless steel, and where they change over to titanium, it is a loose fit and seams like it would leak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts