Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys.... this might also work on 17 and current (can someone confirm?)

$900 shipped
67CE1CAF-2A3D-4620-B967-CC937D181172.jpeg
EE1ACEB2-41E2-46FD-BA0E-A8D39A99D4B6.jpeg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump... I’m sure this can be use with ‘17-‘19 since it’s using the same frame and swingarm (basically the same bike ya?) anyways best offer welcomed.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
1000RR shocks are the hardest ones to sell and it won't be any easier with the whole world teetering on a recession.

·
Registered
120 Posts
1000RR shocks are the hardest ones to sell and it won't be any easier with the whole world teetering on a recession.
is that because everyone sees the CBR as a street bike mainly? Everyone around me has this impression, if people want to track, they go for the rest... R1, ZX10 etc... I kinda think the same too.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Hmmm? That shock won't fit on my 2015 Repsol SP for sure. It's basically backward for it. On mine, the pre-load adjuster is at the bottom and the damping adjusters are on top and forward of the reservoir. There is no room for that shock at all.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
is that because everyone sees the CBR as a street bike mainly? Everyone around me has this impression, if people want to track, they go for the rest... R1, ZX10 etc... I kinda think the same too.
Well to be blunt the CBR1000 is NOT a good racebike and never has been. It is a great street bike and a fun trackday bike for playing around on, but as things progress towards a proper race pace it just has too many deficiences to overcome. even at Pro Levels they just don't get the job done abd that is WITH huge budgets and testing thrown at them. In that vein you simply do not get the hardcore club racer types outfitting them with proper high end parts like Ohlins because many aren't aren't using the bike for that purpose. Don't misconstrue people still do it, but not to the degree that other bikes like the ZX-10 and S1000RR etc get the same treatment.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm? That shock won't fit on my 2015 Repsol SP for sure. It's basically backward for it. On mine, the pre-load adjuster is at the bottom and the damping adjusters are on top and forward of the reservoir. There is no room for that shock at all.

I think you’re wrong on this one. The ohlins shock on your 2015 is oem spec and that’s why it copied the oem shock setups where the adjusters are on top.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
I literally just now saw your question.

HO360 is for 2008-2016 Base Models

It is unclear whether the 2014+ SP models can accept the HO360 without modification

2017+ is basically the same shock in dimensions, valving and spring rate etc, but it moves the Hyd Preload adjuster to the bottom of the shock like the previous SP models which likely causes interference issues.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That guy ran 1:28 at autoclub speedway on a stock motor cbr1000rr.

LDH... have you been to autoclub speedway? Curious what’s you PB there if you have?

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
As well he should. Zemke is a ex-factory racer and test rider. That is his job to go fast.

6 seconds off the Superbike lap record is hauling.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your 15 SP model can accept any shock built for cbr1000rr 08-19 there is no difference in swingarm, frame etc etc SP shock is ohlins/honda spec and they nicely moved adjusters to the top so you can actually get to them thats all. The SP ohlins is nothing special esp compared to an off the shelf ohlins.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As well he should. Zemke is a ex-factory racer and test rider. That is his job to go fast.

6 seconds off the Superbike lap record is hauling.

I might be wrong but I think it’s everybody’s job to be fast once they race? But yeah 5 seconds off sbk motor is actually pretty impressive and just as good as any stock bikes out there within the same year than right? (he actually hit :37s on one of the laps in that vid.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts