Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of a Sportech V-flow black chrome series windsceen installed on an '08 CBR 1000? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I had a sporttech v-flow carbon and had to send it back. It did'nt fit 100%, you had to excessivly bend to round out for all holes to fit. And the bottom of the wind screen was not flush with the front fairing. Just thought if Im ever caught in the rain which will happen. Water will have an easy trail to the controls and odometer. Got the puig carbon and the fit was much better. It fits flush and a couple milimeter's thicker. It does'nt allow as much room under the screen as the sporttech. But unless you have a 3x helmet the puig should clear enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone have pics of a Sportech V-flow black chrome series windsceen installed on an '08 CBR 1000? Thanks!!!
Im actually getting ready to order that exact windscreen....ill let ya' know how it turns out. I think the black chrome will look really good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback...HondaDred08, no wonder I can't find any good photos of the Sportech installed...please let me know if you hear of any other brands that come out with the black chrome...08-1k, post a pic when you get yours...thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cool... at least you won't have to go thru the frustration I did.
Check the Black Mask thread he has the same Carbon Fiber Puig I just got.
Just a hint the carbon is a circle verticle shape, unlike the usual diamond diagenal weave
With your bike, may be better with the black. But 2 each his own, good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the feedback...HondaDred08, no wonder I can't find any good photos of the Sportech installed...please let me know if you hear of any other brands that come out with the black chrome...08-1k, post a pic when you get yours...thanks!

I just ordered the black chrome from Sporttech....Itll be here on Monday. Ill let you know how it fits....and take a few a pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just ordered the black chrome from Sporttech....Itll be here on Monday. Ill let you know how it fits....and take a few a pics
Thanks, man. I think it's going to look good...can't wait to see the pics. I hope the fit is OK...let me know

·
Trackday junkie
559 Posts
the one i have is a Sportech carbon fiber look and like dred said doesnt fit really well, plus is more like double square than the V-flow we are used to
here are few pics with the windscreen on the bike
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59956&page=2
if you want more pics let me know

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just put on the Sporttech Black Chrome....the fit was actually really good. there was minimal gaps anywhere around it and it fit nice and snug. Looks really good up against the yellow too!!! Definetly worth every penny :thumbsup:

...the pics dont really show it off too well. But this black chrome is very shiny and reflective!! I can see myself in it (its like a mirror)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just put on the Sporttech Black Chrome....the fit was actually really good. there was minimal gaps anywhere around it and it fit nice and snug. Looks really good up against the yellow too!!! Definetly worth every penny
Man, that looks really good! It looks like the stock height OEM direct replacement and not the V-flow (double bubble style). I wonder if the gap issue is more so with the V-flow series? Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just put on the Sporttech Black Chrome....the fit was actually really good. there was minimal gaps anywhere around it and it fit nice and snug. Looks really good up against the yellow too!!! Definetly worth every penny :thumbsup:

...the pics dont really show it off too well. But this black chrome is very shiny and reflective!! I can see myself in it (its like a mirror)
Looks good I guess the OEM fit is better than the V-Flow.
Thanks / Now we know which sportech products works the best!:th_salute:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts