Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Wow, awesome work! You would be the right person to ask this:

Will the 2012-2016 swing arm fit easily on the 2008-2011 model of CBR 1000rr?

I have the 2011 model and would like to swap out the stock swing arm with a 2015 SP swing arm with ohlin shock.

Also, I am thinking of swapping out the whole steering stem assembly with one from the 2015 SP that has ohlin forks and brembro brakes. Will that be exact fit too?
Yes they will fit, im running 2014 components on my 08 frame no issues, the front you may want to swap all the tripod together do, cuz think ohling front strut its thicker, rear swing complete with shock should be also straight fitment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes they will fit, im running 2014 components on my 08 frame no issues, the front you may want to swap all the tripod together do, cuz think ohling front strut its thicker, rear swing complete with shock should be also straight fitment.

Thanks for the update. I have a 2008 and was thinking about doing some upgrades. Also, with the front end, is that plug and play? Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Thanks for the update. I have a 2008 and was thinking about doing some upgrades. Also, with the front end, is that plug and play? Thanks
Plug and play what with what?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Plug and play what with what?
Nisanda, I think he means installing the entire front end without modification to the frame.

Aboogie, Yes you can install the newer forks and triple trees with no modifications to the frame/headstock. Like Nisanda mentioned, the SP ohlins forks are slightly thicker, so you need the SP upper and lower fork clamps (triple trees)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nisanda, I think he means installing the entire front end without modification to the frame.

Aboogie, Yes you can install the newer forks and triple trees with no modifications to the frame/headstock. Like Nisanda mentioned, the SP ohlins forks are slightly thicker, so you need the SP upper and lower fork clamps (triple trees)

Thanks for the information.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts