Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm gonna get it done soon, has anyone had it done without problems by a dealer in the bay area, ca?

·
Majnieto
344 Posts
Im not in the Bay Area but....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dont do it!!!

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60120

·
408_freak
37 Posts
MDK Motorsports in Redwood City is dope

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got mine done at Berkeley Honda Yamaha in Berkeley off of Gillman........perfect.

·
408_freak
37 Posts
its just in a ghetto area but other then that the dealership itself is very nice.
hahahaha dayuuuuum thats ghetto to u huh.........no further comments.........

·
408_freak
37 Posts
There is an MDK Motorsports in Concord that is probably the closest dealership to me, any opinions on them?
i personally know the techs there which is y id recommend them, they r doin the gas tank recall on the cbr at the moment and they have worked on my yamaha and gixxer, i havent been to there concord one so no clue figure u cant go wrong keyword "figure" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested too, I've heard bad things about the shop that is now MDK when it was Concord Motorsports or whatever it was. I don't know if the staff has changed or not. Someone gave a good review for OTD Oakland's service department on BARF recently. That's where I bought my bike... I want to take the bike to a good shop too, but I'd like somewhere in the east bay. Have you called MDK? I was thinking of stopping by and seeing how familiar they are with the recall. How much time they think it'll take, if they feel they need to remove the fairings, etc...

·
408_freak
37 Posts
the dealership is nice, all MDKs are really nice but that area of Redwood city is ghetto (stop buy the 7-11 and see what i mean).
lol i know the area pretty well ive been living there for 23 years :thumbsup: i guess since i call it home its nothing to me but i dont believe its ghetto, or it might be like when parents think there kids are cute but in reality there not lmao but yea i can walk over to MDK or 7-11 and only take me bout a minute, nothing like chillen in front of my home on a sunday drinkin my 40 :th_coolio: oh snaps it sunday ill b out in front :shoot:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
completely ignore the option of getting your clutches replaced on a liter bike for free.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm interested too, I've heard bad things about the shop that is now MDK when it was Concord Motorsports or whatever it was. I don't know if the staff has changed or not. Someone gave a good review for OTD Oakland's service department on BARF recently. That's where I bought my bike... I want to take the bike to a good shop too, but I'd like somewhere in the east bay. Have you called MDK? I was thinking of stopping by and seeing how familiar they are with the recall. How much time they think it'll take, if they feel they need to remove the fairings, etc...
I stopped by, the tech at MDK concord said he's done 3-4 replacements with only 1 guy complaining. The guy complaining admits the job was done correctly as he watched the whole thing and thinks its the parts that are the problem...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Berkeley Honda Yamaha have top notch mechanics...not to mention that everybody that works there are friendly and helpful. The location is excellent.....Gillman exit off of 580.....1/2 mile up the road on the left.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts