Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

581 - 600 of 635 Posts

·
Is Rasta run the world!!!
11,763 Posts
Thread,forum - how much does any body really understand about how things work on their motorcycle ? When I read 58 pages of how to use a tire iron on your intake flappers & how people think they work & how much weight they save by tearing their bike apart makes me L O L hard & then feel bad for the guys who really don't know any better, so I try to help out in a small way. Now if your with the 3 percent of people who do track day ? two to twenty pounds would really count but if you are one of the 97 percent who joy or clown ride ?twenty pounds is nothing try leaving your back pack at home - no big deal
Dude. Just stop. Ok. You're wasting time. You're no gonna change anything. Just move on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Is Rasta run the world!!!
11,763 Posts
^ wut??. You offer no good advise on any of your forum threads later on dude, I'm done with (window lickers )on this thread.
I just gave u good advice.
And my threads? I haven't made a thread in ages other than sale threads.
I think you're the real "window licker" seeing the way you type here. Lmao.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
CBR1000RR Slave
11 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
How the heck you get the flapper doors out? got springs and all the other junk out, but having a hard time getting the actual doors out. Does it matter if they are left in? Anyone....???

Rdy for the answer? Lol I just explained the easiest way to get them out without separating the ducts earlier in another thread.. Needle nose pliers for the springs and a flat head inside the holes popping the flap out of the joint then shaking the ducts to get the flaps out then either taping the holes or you can get industrial glue and cut holes in an old oil bottle and glue them over the holes and SHABAM! Your finished! ;)

·
CBR1000RR Slave
11 Posts
Thanks Felony

I had the ram air tubes out replacing plastics and figured I'd do the flapper mod. I'll def try and get the doors out. Springs are gone already. Appreciate the advice.

Rdy for the answer? Lol I just explained the easiest way to get them out without separating the ducts earlier in another thread.. Needle nose pliers for the springs and a flat head inside the holes popping the flap out of the joint then shaking the ducts to get the flaps out then either taping the holes or you can get industrial glue and cut holes in an old oil bottle and glue them over the holes and SHABAM! Your finished! ;)

·
repsol owner
57 Posts
Has anyone had start-up issue after flapper mod? I have gutted out the ram tube, and capped off hose from engine. Bike needs a tiny twist of throttle during start up. And tranny light stays on. Wtf

·
Player 4 Life
162 Posts
Damn are u serious dude..... I can see needing a twist of the throttle but the tranny light. I'm not feeling that

·
repsol owner
57 Posts
Fresh oil change. No lack of. Don't know why the light. Other thing to mention, ...I removed Servo motor, and replaced with servo buddy. I put back the servo motor to see if light goes away. Nope.

·
Player 4 Life
162 Posts
I removed my servo flap and everything is all good on my end. I'm sure some1 will come up with an answer

581 - 600 of 635 Posts