Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

601 - 620 of 635 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a question about the flapper mod. I was curious if anyone has taken the ram tubes off and pulled them apart and using a dremel smoothed out the entire inside of the tubes. I understand most people just take the springs and flaps out but just curious if anyone has gone this far. If you have was it worth the extra trouble?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had a question about the flapper mod. I was curious if anyone has taken the ram tubes off and pulled them apart and using a dremel smoothed out the entire inside of the tubes. I understand most people just take the springs and flaps out but just curious if anyone has gone this far. If you have was it worth the extra trouble?
Quite a few people have done it, including myself. Can't verify any gains because I have only tuned with autotune, but I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where do I go from here

:gay: I'm trying to make room for my ballasts and thinking of removing extra junk to make space. Will this make the CEL come on?
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
590 Posts
I did this today a little trick to get the spring out. If you take a wire hanger or some other kind of wire . Make a hook and un hook the bottom part (closest to you while looking in the tube ) the spring will be much easier to remove. I think it took me longer to get the tabs back in place for the first piece you remove than to do the whole removal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just did the exhaust flapper mod on my 2014 cbr100rr. Didn't notice anything performance gains or loss. I did only 300km prior the mods and I've been ridding with the mod for a few days now. This saved me a lot of money because I was thinking about buying a Yoshi R77 slip on just for a bit of sound but saw this thread and now I got a bit of sound I wanted and like the sound It's not too loud.
The only thing I noticed is the bike doesn't start straight away, takes about 2 ticks when starting up. Not sure if this is just an coincidence or the battery is fked or something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys,
Been a while since ive been on this forum, just recently got a 2015 blade and was wondering if the intake flapper mod is still the same process.
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys,
Been a while since ive been on this forum, just recently got a 2015 blade and was wondering if the intake flapper mod is still the same process.
Thanks
It should be the exact same process. I have 2014 model and it's the same.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, is motorbike much louder after Flapper Mod?
You can see the YouTube video I made on how to do it and I also did the sound of before and after the flapper mod. I only remove the cable from the servo in the video and not remove the flapper from inside the muffler and it's in step by step video. It will only take less than 5 mins to do this mod.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can see the YouTube video I made on how to do it and I also did the sound of before and after the flapper mod. I only remove the cable from the servo in the video and not remove the flapper from inside the muffler and it's in step by step video. It will only take less than 5 mins to do this mod.

https://youtu.be/i3ysStqlBQs
Yea, but you shows exhaust flapper mod, but I ask about intake flapper mod.

How to remove flapper doors from intake? Please help, I removed all, but with doors I have a problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This thread is stupid funny. Very repetitive. Whats even funnier is that Honda has a few hundred dollar$ in parts that they are putting on the bikes and guys are scrapping them! I know they have to by law.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you removed all the excess hosing do you have to cap of any other hosing? What do you guys do with the holes left off on the side of the ram air intake?

601 - 620 of 635 Posts