Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? I need a new subframe and fairings so I was wondering if the 08 subframe would mount up to an 07 and what mods would be necessary? I think it would cool/different to have the 08 tail with a gp style pipe on an 07.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
anything is possible .....it all depends on what tools you have ......and how much time away from your old lady you can manage!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL I misread what you wrote and had to change it
its cool

anything is possible .....it all depends on what tools you have ......and how much time away from your old lady you can manage!
I dont have an old lady so I got plenty of time lol. I need to find someone that has an 08 and can take some measurements for me I guess. or maybe I can just go to my dealer and measure them myself. I think they still have an 07 on the floor so I can compare the 2 side by side.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
fo sho...but the two bikes have entirely different frames and subs....so i would be willing to bet there is enough difference for it to require at least some drilling.....it would be fat as hell though!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
here is a pic of an 06 with an r6 tail on it... the bike does look a lot meaner with a smaller tail!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
The vented tail is the best part of the bike! i wouldn't change it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts