Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
dude
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you racers out there. Did you use the stock air ducts with your race plastics or get the OPP ducts or do something different? And if you did use the stock ducts how did you mount them to your plastics. Some pics would be great.

TIA

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I still use the stock ones with everything removed, called OPP racing about 2 weeks ago and they had no clue when they would receive their carbon duct's in???

Maybe I spoke to the wrong person as he had to get off the phone twice to ask someone else?? Would really like a set for my race body work!!

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I still use the stock ones with everything removed, called OPP racing about 2 weeks ago and they had no clue when they would receive their carbon duct's in???

Maybe I spoke to the wrong person as he had to get off the phone twice to ask someone else?? Would really like a set for my race body work!!
I did the same, called OPP and I think their carbon ducts are a moving
target date wise:popcorn2:

·
dude
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you guys post some pics on how you mounted the stock air ducts to your race plastics? I am looking for ideas since I am just now starting to race prep my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Can you guys post some pics on how you mounted the stock air ducts to your race plastics? I am looking for ideas since I am just now starting to race prep my bike.
They have nipples on the race plastic, the ducts just slide over them--easy peazy--You dont need any special crap. You should gut the instakes of the flapper and nonsense

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
They have nipples on the race plastic, the ducts just slide over them--easy peazy--You dont need any special crap. You should gut the instakes of the flapper and nonsense
+1 what Ho said...

·
dude
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about attaching them to the race plastics along the sides? Or is there just no need since they are in the frame on one end and attached to the race fairing intake ports on the other?

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
What about attaching them to the race plastics along the sides? Or is there just no need since they are in the frame on one end and attached to the race fairing intake ports on the other?
NO need--That would make everything a PITA

·
Registered
166 Posts
Has anyone looked into the taylormades? I ordered the OPP but like everyone says, who knows if they will ever arrive. I don't understand why fiberglass ducts would be MORE than the carbon fiber though.

I need some for my new body work I have coming since I had to hack the ends of my stock ones just to the Hotbodies garbage to almost kind of get close to fitting up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Has anyone looked into the taylormades? I ordered the OPP but like everyone says, who knows if they will ever arrive. I don't understand why fiberglass ducts would be MORE than the carbon fiber though.

I need some for my new body work I have coming since I had to hack the ends of my stock ones just to the Hotbodies garbage to almost kind of get close to fitting up.

Really? My hotbodies upper fit without modification to the tubes or the bodywork. It's better tight than falling off loose though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah my hotbodies did not fit up at all. I got the HRC kit and there were many many issues. In regards to the ducts once installed and put into the chasis the mid mount was not even close to lining up. We pushed them up in the front as much as possible, then sanded and trimmed under the fiberglass scoops in case something was binding and pushed the ducts back into the chasis as much as possible, but not even close. Then trimmed about 2+ inches off the front of the ducts to get them to come close but ended up fabing a new mid bracket. Then found the cut ducts did not fit right with the top of the fiberglass anymore because they were too fat and pushed up the top so I had to trim the whole area of the fiberglass over the duct just to be able to turn the handle bars full without binding. Fun stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts