Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here felt the same impulses I
am. Did a ducati 1098/1198 cross your mind or did you
test ride one before deciding on the CBR1000RR?
Thanks,

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
my bank account said no before i even thought about it.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
I considered it, yes. since the dealer i got my bike from sells ducati's also the 1098 at the time was always there when i went in. after hearing about how much it cost to maintain them i quickly forgot about duc and got back to looking at the honda. and yeah the price tag helped making that decision for me as well...

I also figured even if i could swing getting the duc 1098 my money would be better spent getting the honda and using the extra cash to mod up my bike the way i wanted to. just my opinion

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
okay

as a guy who has a tricked out 04rr...and a 08 1098S

the ducati CANNOT be a your one and only bike

the honda is reliable as a milled east german AK

but nothing ...nothing on this planet has the soul of a ducati

short of an rc30

there are days when i just turn it on to listen to it..... i find myself in awe of the fact i even own one...wondering what i did to make god happy enough to bless me with the money to spend on one

i used this analogy before....to great effect

the cbr is Lucy Lu

she is hot...not smoking hot but lots of fun...shes always up for fun...not alot on the curves and looks...but get on her and she'll take all you can give her...and take more than you can give

but you are ALWAYS in control...it's up to you...she molds to you and therefore blends into the back ground

a little bit bland...but rock solid...you could spend your time with her and never be disappointed

but you'll never know what you have been missing

the ducati is Angelina Jolie

She exudes sexiness at the highest level...shes a temperamental bitch ...but nothing compares if you got the money and the ability..

so if you dont have what it takes...she wants nothing to do with you....you better have been around the block more than once....cause she'll push you back...and if shes pissed...she'll let you know...she's mllowed in her age...but not that much

you have to balance her needs with yours...but when those needs are the same there is nothing like it

blasting a 90mph 3gear wheelie out of a corner that stays up until 4th gear on ducati is as good a sex (with one chick)

you turn the ducati on and she wants it...no BS cruising in mrytle beach .... or on some college campus drag...she want curves or a track

she has all the show...but she wants the go

and deep down you know the girl is a freak...a toe sucking spit on her butthole freak....but you better have the goods...no short dicked squids need apply

she'll look at you like ...who do you think you are...you dont have it little man

you can park an 08 cbr 1000rr next to a 1098 ...and you 'll forget the rr is there...quickly

motorcycles are so much more than a spec sheet or a write up in a magazine

if that sounds like you ... and you have a second bike....the ducati is a no brainer

·
Registered
363 Posts
the 1198 is very sexy. but when i parked my 09 repsol as it is (all tricked out) next to the 1198 this weekend....mine looked a hell of a lot better. more people were looking at the orange and dark blue machine than the ducati. some people even said that mine looks like a ducati....once i get those carbon fiber covers...it's gonna look bad ass.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
the 1198 is very sexy. but when i parked my 09 repsol as it is (all tricked out) next to the 1198 this weekend....mine looked a hell of a lot better. more people were looking at the orange and dark blue machine than the ducati. some people even said that mine looks like a ducati....once i get those carbon fiber covers...it's gonna look bad ass.
it's because those that were looking had no fucking clue as to what they were looking at

notice they compared your bike to the aesthetic standard of the industry

looks like a ducati... is like .... your camaro looks like a ferrari

a statement made by the uninformed

your repsol maybe much flashier...i'm sure it is...BTW i like repsol on the 08's and later BTW

but the duc is special

i have had hondas my whole life...always will....but ducatis are special

but they cant be your only bike

there needs to be a honda in the garage next to her....cause ducs are temperamental bitches

and when she doesnt want to ...she doesnt want to

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah, Ducatis are something else, was in the local showroom the other day. If only I had the £££...

·
dude
269 Posts
If I had the cash I would have gotten the 1098R over the Honda. But now that the Aprilia RSV4 is almost out I would get that over the 1098R if I had the $$$.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea i think the 1198 has a 2 new competitiors which i cant afford either the KTM RC8 and the Aprilia RSV4, i cant make up mind which the best out of them, but again i cant afford any of those so it doesnt matter at the point.

·
Asshole.
114 Posts
Yea i think the 1198 has a 2 new competitiors which i cant afford either the KTM RC8 and the Aprilia RSV4, i cant make up mind which the best out of them, but again i cant afford any of those so it doesnt matter at the point.
How is the RC8 is competition for the 1198 or the RSV4?

·
Capitalism Fan
712 Posts
I actually put a deposit down on the white 1198 last month, only to change my mind a few weeks later. I'd love to have it, but I don't want the financial commitment right now with all of the turmoil the Messiah is creating. So much for stimulating the economy.

·
VIVA LA FIGA
827 Posts
okay

as a guy who has a tricked out 04rr...and a 08 1098S

the ducati CANNOT be a your one and only bike

the honda is reliable as a milled east german AK

but nothing ...nothing on this planet has the soul of a ducati

short of an rc30

there are days when i just turn it on to listen to it..... i find myself in awe of the fact i even own one...wondering what i did to make god happy enough to bless me with the money to spend on one

i used this analogy before....to great effect

the cbr is Lucy Lu

she is hot...not smoking hot but lots of fun...shes always up for fun...not alot on the curves and looks...but get on her and she'll take all you can give her...and take more than you can give

but you are ALWAYS in control...it's up to you...she molds to you and therefore blends into the back ground

a little bit bland...but rock solid...you could spend your time with her and never be disappointed

but you'll never know what you have been missing

the ducati is Angelina Jolie

She exudes sexiness at the highest level...shes a temperamental bitch ...but nothing compares if you got the money and the ability..

so if you dont have what it takes...she wants nothing to do with you....you better have been around the block more than once....cause she'll push you back...and if shes pissed...she'll let you know...she's mllowed in her age...but not that much

you have to balance her needs with yours...but when those needs are the same there is nothing like it

blasting a 90mph 3gear wheelie out of a corner that stays up until 4th gear on ducati is as good a sex (with one chick)

you turn the ducati on and she wants it...no BS cruising in mrytle beach .... or on some college campus drag...she want curves or a track

she has all the show...but she wants the go

and deep down you know the girl is a freak...a toe sucking spit on her butthole freak....but you better have the goods...no short dicked squids need apply

she'll look at you like ...who do you think you are...you dont have it little man

you can park an 08 cbr 1000rr next to a 1098 ...and you 'll forget the rr is there...quickly

motorcycles are so much more than a spec sheet or a write up in a magazine

if that sounds like you ... and you have a second bike....the ducati is a no brainer

:read: I would agree (even though I don't own one) with everything except the Angelina part, substitute Charlize Theron and you are talking

·
VIVA LA FIGA
827 Posts
How is the RC8 is competition for the 1198 or the RSV4?
Considering it is there first kick at the can, I would say it is pretty impressive. Some of the features on the RC8 leave me wondering why all bikes aren't built this way. Adjustable sub frame, foot pegs, clip ons, mirrors come off with one nut, solo seat is built in, quality suspension, Marchesini wheels.......

and looks.....

·
Banned
410 Posts
I recently sold my '07 1098S to replace it with a '09 Repsol. After getting a 3rd recall notice, it depreciating $3500 a year and a the new model coming out it was time to go. It was a fun bike to ride. Being so focused it never felt setup right for the steet. I would take off the fairings just look at it. Their are no extra plastic covers and BS on that bike, if it doesnt make it faster or lighter (except that big ass batterie) its not on their. No BS flaper mods to do or governed US spec nutering. You cant get borded moding the Duc with all the goodies available for it but you will go broke. Their are some great forums for the 1098. The 1098 is suprizingly cheap to insure. With only 10 miles on the CBR I think I will not miss the Duc to much.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts