Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys sure most of you have seen the 1/4 mile times that sport rider just did. I have my deposit down on the black and am waiting.

here are the times if you havent seen them
http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0406_comp_drag/

now don't get me wrong here, but honda is last in all the times the 1/4, the roll-ons, everything, I just feel frustrated Honda has so much tech that they could have made the RR ligter and at least faster then the GSXR.

I am not looking for the most power or fastest bike I want it to handle well cuz anyone that does track days knows that 600s can smoke most 1ks, depending on the rider I do it all the time they parken in the coners and pass ya in the streights for a lap or two, but come on honda how long has it been since there has been a class leading honda open class bike 1993 with the 900RR

I just keep thinking why didn't they bump the compression a little or something, I know there will be powerup kits and stuff, and with some head work you can bump the compression and the bike will but out more horses then the rest. But why should we have to spend the extra cash just to be equal with the rest. I don't know? I love honda and I will be getting an RR but I just feel frustrated that hondas STOCK leter bikes getting there ass kicked all the time.... I know its just one test and there are many others....just had to vent a little...don't hold it against me

·
Registered
526 Posts
Its really easy...Honda went with the total package. Yeah the R1 and ZX-10r have more power and are lighter. Then why would Ben bostrom and the majority of pros who have ridden the RR given it drooling praise? The numbers are just numbers. You cant put a number on how the bike works overall.
And anyhow, unless you're a professional you will always be the weak link in the performance.
I wont consider the ZX-10R because of the dealership, and I'm not driving 45 minutes to get parts or work done on the bike.
Dont like the GSX-R 1K. IMHO, ugly and it is balky.
Considered the R1 but the rear end is too wide and in person it's not appealing to me.
I'm buying the Honda because it has what I want.
What sold me was my friend's ride at the press release. "handles like a 600"
Considering we're talking 150+ RWHP and 10sec 1/4, Honda being down on the numbers is a minor annoyance to me.
PS...look at the RC211V. Its heavier and runs less power than alot of its competitors. Still dominates MotoGP.

·
Registered
184 Posts
foose, I understand where you are coming from. Eventhough I don't care too much about extra HP or 1/4 mile times, it would be cool to talk shit to one of your friends just to say "my bike is faster" but that all it would be, is just talking shit. And the reason for the lower compression IMO, it leaves more room for engine modifications.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Don't belive anyting sportrider publish about Hondas. They never had anyting good to say about Honda from day one! Wait for performance bike or superbike magazine.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hey guys, I posted this somewhre else on here but i have seen atleast one other 1/4 mile test where the honda came out on top. They stated that is was because it kept the front wheel down even though they had a hard time with the clutch/launch. dont put to much into these numbers, i guarantee the honda was not that far behind if it was behind at all. I wish I could remember where I saw those, maybe MCN or something I will look around. Dont sweat it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've posted this before but might as well again...
Beware the numbers from over-seas. Remember, although the bike itself is basicly the same there are different regulations concerning emissions, safety...blah blah. The out of the US bikes will perform differently than ours. Not to mention the measurement techniques are different. Here almost all of the reviews include the adjustment for sea level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.