Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
The Triple-M bikes are with their new owner.

Cost was way more than 40,000 euros each. More like double that - but still less than half of replacement cost :)

Interestingly my build has a bit of a following in the SBK community. Enough that the Triple-M and Redbull bikes where offered to me before going on the open market.

I feel quite humbled that consideration was even given to an amateur. Prices where unfortunately a little hard to pull off at such short notice LOL

I am very sure the new Redbull and Triple-M owners are going to have a blast with their bikes, whether they are sitting in a living room, board room or a van waiting for the next track day.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, look what just popped up in my Facebook feed!

https://www.facebook.com/tenkateracing/posts/1892190654242953

EXCLUSIVE FOR SALE!

TKR RedBull Honda CBR1000RR SP2

Our WorldSBK material will be available from today. The bike will be delivered in the real SBK spec like ridden in the 2018 WorldSBK season. Certificate of authenticity will be signed by TKR for the full package and parts what will be sold by TKR.

TKR RedBull Honda CBR1000RR SP2
Engine: TKR – Cosworth engine kit
Electronics: Magneti Marelli dongle included
Suspension: Ohlins WSBK spec
Brakes: Nissin & Yutaka discs
Chassis: Carbon or Aluminum braced options
Swingarm: TKR – Suter
Wheels: Marchesini

Price: € 85.000

The bike can be delivered in different options and can be adapt to every customer wish.

For more information don’t hesitated to contact us.

Kervin Bos
[email protected]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome opportunity - you know you can justify that second mortgage as an "investment opportunity" LOL

Lol, I might be able to, and considering what you're getting it's probably worth it, but I struggle to imagine a world in which I could make that purchase and live to see the next day! Actually, she would probably stretch it out for a few days...

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Lol, I might be able to, and considering what you're getting it's probably worth it, but I struggle to imagine a world in which I could make that purchase and live to see the next day! Actually, she would probably stretch it out for a few days...
Well, if you do a $180K, that's $90K for the bike and $90K for her new kitchen and bathrooms LOL

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Reading an article like this I have to wonder how is it that RRW takes a social media post, repackages it including the original images and then gets to copyright it restricting republishing?

It would seem all they have done is republished someone else's publication.

The least they could have done was call TKR and ask for more details etc.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Reading an article like this I have to wonder how is it that RRW takes a social media post, repackages it including the original images and then gets to copyright it restricting republishing?

It would seem all they have done is republished someone else's publication.

The least they could have done was call TKR and ask for more details etc.
Yeah, I almost didn't post it as it didn't seem to offer anything new.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Yeah, I almost didn't post it as it didn't seem to offer anything new.
And I know that RRW is real quick to jump on other people using their copyright articles - yet a lot of their journalism is just repackaging other folks already published stories.

Oh well, I guess there is place for all types of journalism hehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts