Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see I've been a member on this site since May of 06 and only post when I feel I have something constructive to contribute.
Now that I want to post up some parts in the FS thread I read that I have to have a minimum of 100 posts yet they don't want you to "postwhore"

I know nothing will probably come of this thread but I feel this 100 post rule should be revised to 50 post.

Please help me out by responding with your opinion so I can reply back and be one post closer to the 100 mark and maybe be able to post in the FS thread by the end of this year.

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
As you can see I've been a member on this site since May of 06 and only post when I feel I have something constructive to contribute.
That's where you went wrong. :laugh: In three years you should have been able to make 100 posts ... hell in one year (and that's not even trying).

Now that I want to post up some parts in the FS thread I read that I have to have a minimum of 100 posts yet they don't want you to "postwhore".

I know nothing will probably come of this thread but I feel this 100 post rule should be revised to 50 post.
I don't think the rules need revision. They are what they are for a reason. People have protested from time to time and it hasn't changed a thing. You just need to post more often. :thumbsup:

Please help me out by responding with your opinion so I can reply back and be one post closer to the 100 mark and maybe be able to post in the FS thread by the end of this year.
Is it really that hard to come up with a thread topic or add to a thread that already exists? It doesn't even necessarily need to be bike related.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
lmao i saw you post whorin it up to get to 100 posts...i was gonna ask in one of the other threads you posted in if thats what you were trying to do but i figured i wouldnt contribute to making it stick out anymore but looks like you did a good job here of that lol...getting to 100 posts wont take you long even without post whoring it up, and if your caught i believe banned camp lasts for 6 months ive heard so be careful with that one...

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
oh and as for revising the rules...not gonna happen...haha i tried to ask to have premium members be allowed to sell as soon as they paid their membership fee but the rules are set to help protect the people on the site and make sure people dont join to scam someone or stuff like that. i know your not doing that but thats why they have told me the rules are set the way they are...GL with getting to 100

·
Aim High, Fly Low
125 Posts
i also don't comment on every thread, hence my low post count to length of membership ratio. if it means i can't sell here, so be it. there is always ebay and craigslist. cracks me up when people from here buy from me elsewhere though because I would have sold cheaper on the forum if given the opportunity.

·
Premium Member
15,026 Posts
have you considered buying a Vendor tag for $50 and circumventing the 100 post rule ? :thumbsup:

p.s.
some forums don't let members sell more than 3 items/month or force them to donate a minimum of 10% of the sale proceeds so a 100 post rule seems rather tame IMO

·
Registered
120 Posts
Over the years I've spent most of my time on bicycle related forums and it wouldn't matter how many posts you had, there would be no free posting anything you were trying to sell. They charge you and while it's not a lot you get charged.
The fact that the motorcycle enthusiast boards let you do it for free (as a non-paying member) and only request you contribute 100 posts is more than fair IMO.

·
Back in business
985 Posts
The fact that the motorcycle enthusiast boards let you do it for free (as a non-paying member) and only request you contribute 100 posts is more than fair IMO.
+1

If you need to get your posts up, just find something interesting to share and start a thread in the lounge. Then people will start to get a sense of what kind of person you are and feel better about buying from you.

·
Premium Noob
1,416 Posts
If you need to get your posts up, just find something interesting to share and start a thread in the lounge. Then people will start to get a sense of what kind of person you are and feel better about buying from you.
+10

·
Registered
4 Posts
i actually wouldnt mind donating a percent of the sale to contribute to the site if that is an option for this site too...somebody lmk
and yes...this is my first post

·
Registered
16,850 Posts
Now that I want to post up some parts in the FS thread I read that I have to have a minimum of 100 posts yet they don't want you to "postwhore"

At the rate you're going it will take you another year and a half to make it to 50 posts anyway, lol.

Find a video on youtube that you think is funny...

Post a picture of your bike... maybe from when you bought it and what it looks like now

I'm sure you can make 5 posts a day and not seem like you are whoring it up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.