Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I am considering converting from my stock 530 16/42 on my 2006 CBR1000RR in the near future as it's about time to replace the EK chain.

I'm thinking of going 525 15/43 or 15/44. However, trying to find an online store that states parts will fit is not necessarily easy.

So, I began researching on my own and it seems as though the OEM parts (rear wheel hubs, bolts, washers, nuts, etc.) that hold the rear sprockets are identical which means one could use sprockets that are compatible with CBR600RR's on a CBR1000RR and convert from 530 to 525.

Does that sound correct?

Next is to figure out if the front sprockets are interchangeable from a 600RR to a 1000RR.

Thanks.

Keep on keeping on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
On the one hand, the size of the sprocket, chain, and link count is important, but so is the bolt pattern I'd imagine. You might want to verify if you could bolt a 600rr sprocket to the wheel of a 1000rr.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Look part# for each JT sprocket. They have measurements online, bolt-pattern, etc.

Compare measurements.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks. Good points.

I did check JT Sprockets site and both their 530 for CBR1000RR rear and 525 for CBR600RR rear match bolt patterns (bolt holes) and rear sprocket inside diameters match too.

Font Parallel Circle Screenshot Number

Font Parallel Technology Circle Screenshot

Also, their front sprockets match too.

Font Line Parallel Circle Rectangle

Font Line Parallel Circle Rectangle

So, I'm confident I can go that route.

Thanks all.

Take care.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks good! Go for it! :)