Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just called another shop in my area and they have a red/black 1000rr sitting on the floor. I'm tempted just to go pick it up but I have my deposit at another shop and they also promised me a very good deal to to the 600rr lemon I was given, im getting a price right now on the phone......12k out the door. This is california so not sure if that is a great price or not, i was hoping it would be better. If only those guys hadn't treated me so well at the shop I would go to the other one. What do you guys think? sounds like mine should be here in the next couple of days. I'm gonna make a trip and go look at that one tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
12K out the door? Is that the shop that is treating you so well, or the other one? If they are saying 12K out the door after all the $hit it sounds like you went through with them, I might shop around a little more. If that is the other place, I would definitely wait to see what your original dealer will do for you. They might surprise you!

I ended up at $10,757.80 OTD. That's freight, prep, doc, tax, title, plate, and a 5 year extended warranty with road hazard (i.e. tire replacement, paid for itself last time with 2 nail-in-tire incidents).

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sub said:
Well i just called another shop in my area and they have a red/black 1000rr sitting on the floor. I'm tempted just to go pick it up but I have my deposit at another shop and they also promised me a very good deal to to the 600rr lemon I was given, im getting a price right now on the phone......12k out the door. This is california so not sure if that is a great price or not, i was hoping it would be better. If only those guys hadn't treated me so well at the shop I would go to the other one. What do you guys think? sounds like mine should be here in the next couple of days. I'm gonna make a trip and go look at that one tomorrow.
So what shop is it? I called all the shops in my area, (Chapparal Not yet, Temecula, came in yesterday and left 10 minutes later, Fun Center in San Diego, Can in yesterday and right out the door, San Diego House of Motorcycles, Not yet, and Motopro in Oceanside, Not yet. And I called Burts motorcycle mall but the guy said he heard one came in but he never saw it. So let me know what dealer so I can go there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey joker, where are you getting that deal at? It is the original shop that sold me my first bike. I was surprised when he told me 12k out the door. I'm going to the other shop tomorrow to look at the other one, I asked the salesman briefly on the phone and I think he said 12k as well but i wasn't paying to much attention. I'm going to push for a better deal at the original shop. And yes, this is california so our prices are going to be higher on average. If the guy tomorrow offers me the bike for 12k or less I dont know that I will be able to walk away from it. Fred900 the shop is Modesto Honda in Central California about 6 hours away from you. All the shops should have their bikes next week at the latest. The shop here I have my deposit with called the other shop's shipping company to find out how they got one and the shipping company said it was just luck of the draw and that they happened to show up when the shipment was there. I will keep you guys updated and post pics tomorrow if I can't walk away.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Joker, with the sales tax difference I think you pay about $100 more there (6% here). Not sure how the other incidentals play out. Considering I opted for the few hundred dollar warranty, I still ended up with one of the best O.T.D. prices I've seen anyone post online. I'm pretty happy.

I was hoping that if enough people posted decent prices online, other guys might be able to use it as ammo against dealers who try to rape them.

I watched the dealership sell the new red R1 the other day. Full M.S.R.P. + $200 some dollar freight & prep. I just shook my head.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks Sub, but to far to drive for me. Chaparral has my deposit and I have to work for the next 7 days straight since I took the last 2 days off anticipating it's delivery so I will just wait.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think someone posted an invoice on this site that said 9,4--.00. If that is the truth I dont think this dealership is helping me at all which pisses me off. If MSRP is 10,999.00 plus 7 percent or so tax that puts it at 11,768 plus registration. Hmm.. doesn't seem like they are giving me the "great deal" they said they would. I think I might call them tomorrow while I'm at the other shop and use that as leverage. They know the bike is there and if I can walk out for 12k there as well why should I wait? They have treated me well but damn, this would be the 3rd bike I have got from them (2 for me and 1 I made a friend buy from them) so I should expect a better price.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sub, I'm getting mine at Honda of Madera. I used to work there and I'm friends and grew up with just about everyone that works there. My price is a very special deal. One other shop in Fresno wanted to charge me 12,500 otd. Mind you that's a cash price. The only problem is my buddy got one from the same shop and he gets the first one, so I'm waiting for the second one to come in. :(

IronNutz, Our sales tax is in the 7.85% range. Also I have no idea about your registration but I think mine is running over 200 bucks. Most dealers around California are charging full pop because it's such a limited amount of bikes that's hitting the floor right now. :evil:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Joker, that sucks. It's amazing how much things differ depending on where you live. I used to live in Orange County but I didn't ride back then so I never went through that.

What's the deal with cash pricing? The dealers here make money on financing, so they prefer you don't use cash.

Sub, the dealer told me invoice was $9,479. My sheet shows them selling me the unit for $9,600, but they did charge me $200 for freight and prep.

I think alot of it has to do with the dealer and how they treat customers. I would imagine you guys probably get more units per year than we do here. And as far as demand, all of the units the dealership is getting this year, all of them have deposits down. I'm just surprised they can really charge that much more there. I mean hell, if it weren't for the emissions problem, you'd be better off buying one here and having it crated to you.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where is the pic? must see! so it sounds like 12k out the door isn't so bad then? i figured tax at 7 percent but it's almost 8 so they are giving it to me for MSRP plus tax and registration. Not much of a deal, I will see if I can knock a few bucks off of that.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sub, You should be getting a better deal then MSRP after all the stuff you have gone through.

IronNutz, Dealers only want financing if you go through them. Cash always is king around here. Dealers have too many sales go away because of the borrower not being able to qualify for the loan. At least in my experience.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
You are an impatient sucker if you pay $12k. I'd tell them to stick that price where the sun don't shine. I'll pay less than $11k OTD, probably around $10.5K, but I have a month or two's patience :wink:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Joker, the dealers here get paid regardless of what bank you go through, as long as they run the app. Some places will bump the rate by 1/4% to 1/2%, and some banks they are in cooperation with give them a kickback for the business. If they didn't run the app. and someone comes in pre-approved, it's no more work for them either. The nice part about financing is that it gives them a greater chance of selling med-disability, warrantys, accessories, etc.. But, I do understand what you are saying about cash, alot of people have bad/no credit. Getting the sale, is much more important than getting a few extra bucks through financing.

Sub, I understand that things are somewhat different out there, but they can't be that different. I really think you are getting hosed if that dealer really thinks they are "Taking care of you", by selling you the bike at M.S.R.P. after all you've been through. It sounds like they are "Taking care of" themselves to me. Not trying to be a di<k, I just think you deserve better.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I couldn't resist so I went to the other shop to look at the bike today. Let me start by saying that it is AWESOME!! I finally got to sit on it. Started talking with the dealer and She wanted to see what she could offer it to me for and offered it to me for 11,500 out the door and I could have ridden away with it. I called the other shop and they were not very happy with that shop obviously but said they would match the price plus give me 15% lifetime discount for everything else at their shop. I told them I thought the 12k offer sucked but I can live with this offer but I have to wait until next week when the bike shows up. It will work out better anyways because I forgot to bring my gear and helmet and I would have froze my ass off coming home, over an hour drive. That new zx10 in black looks really good as well, feels almost like a 600 when I sat on it but it still does not compare in looks and quality to the 1000rr. good thing I'm a patient man and I don't have anytime to ride this weekend anyways, otherwise I dont think I could have walked away. The bike is flat out sweet though, it's going to be a painful wait. I will keep you guys updated and you all do the same. The other factor with my situation is how well I have been treated at the shop that owes me. I'm willing to pay a bit more when people go out of there way to help me and take care of me, it will come back to me in the end but I did tell them I expect them to atleast match the offer and the sales manager said he would and would take the heat from the owner.

G

·
Sub, I Just want you to know that you really helped me with your last post. It was intervention and you weren't even aware. I sold my '03 RC51 2 weeks ago and have been (un) patiently waiting for a black 1000rr (on deposit). I cam very close to getting the black ZX-10 but your wise words soothed me (at least until tomorrow) It's sunny and 78 degrees here in Atlanta and I am struggling.

One of my riding partners just got a red R1 and he's been trying to corrupt me as well. I'm hanging on as best I can (I do not want a red 1000rr but its even starting to look good to me!!))

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
IronNutz, Yea the state sales tax is 7.25% but the cities and countries always add their own little amount to raise it. I think there are a couple of places in California that are over 8% tax.

Well I got back from my local dealer and still no word on when the second (MY) bike will be here. Heck they don't even have the first one yet.

Anyone know what the extended warranty is going for?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.