Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I spoke to my contact at the dealership today. It has been verified, the Black that they ordered as the first shipment was Replaced by the red/black, not in addition to or bonus of. I can either change my order to Red/Black and pick up on Wednesday, or receive my original order all Black to be shipped on April 30th.

I realllllllly had my heart set on the all black, but 6 weeks is a good portion of the riding season here with winter and all.

Damn, I really hate being put in this situation. You would figure that when you spend 11k, you really should at least get the color you want. Honda sure has done a good job at pissing people off the last year or two with their late release $hit. Like it really takes 6 weeks to spray a coat of black paint...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
a word of advice. be patient and get what you really want. After you've waited and get the bike you want you'll have forgotten all about the "agony" of waiting and you'll be much happier you got the color you wanted. immortal is right.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'd get the red man. The all Black is very nice, but believe me, the swirls will look like ass after 6 months, and it will show every rock chip quite well. I don't buy black cages/trucks for the very same reason.

Remember, it's all about the ride. Are you going to ride it and have fun, or stare at it?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F.Y.I. Immortal, yes the black was going to be the first shipment. The dealerships had the choice of what color they wanted first. My dealership chose black first, then red/black, then silver/black.

Unfortunately Honda decided to produce the red/black early, and send every dealership this combo regardless of what they wanted.

Trust me, I would love to be able to say, "eh, what's another 6 weeks" but unfortunately I don't have the weather pattern that certain people in say FL and CA have :wink:

Anyway, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i used to live in MN so i can relate to the summer excitement, but the RR is the type of bike you will have for many happy years so it may be worth the wait?

the all black looks just sick (in pics, anyway: can't wait to see it in person) and it is what i am waiting for 8)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wait for the black.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey Nutz,

I'm from the Great White North (Canada Eh!) and it's the same story for us. I was told by Honda Canada that the CBR1000RR's won't arrive in the country til end of April, and then get distributed to the dealers likely first week of May. After reading about this red/black first shipment, I called the guy back at Honda Canada, and he told me we'd be getting all the colors at once. Whether that is true or not, time will tell. I've ordered black, and I was told I will get black right away, as I paid for my bike in October of last year. I will be pissed if it's not black, but to be honest, color is the last factor for me. I just want the bike, because I am bikeless at the moment, and our riding season here is even shorter and I don't want to be stuck without a ride come May. As for black getting scratched easy, yeah, that's true. But I've owned red too, and it's no better. And the silver and black is just that, black lower fairing, which is going to be where you get stone chips anyway. So get the color you want, but I wouldn't wait around for the black, because Honda is just too unpredictable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd suggest you wait for the color you want also..if you are going to spend ~$11K of your own hard earned moola, might as well get what you want....as for me, I am waiting to see all three colors in person before deciding which color I want...I am leaning towards the silver/black right now...but who knows, that may change it a bit...I gotta tell ya though...after seeing the all black ZX-10R in person, the all black RR better be bad ass cause the 10R is.....just my opinion.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I personally am crazy about the black but don't want it because black bikes really are hard to see. I have had a couple of people pull out on me and I have the yellow 6f4i. If I got the black it would get some bright paint for sure. If I got the red I would probably paint it too just to not look like the next guy. Need to have more colors to choose from.

·
Registered
425 Posts
We need some bikes to arrive to get this forum going a little bit. not much to talk about at this point except to speculate. I called my dealer today and he thinks 2 weeks worst case which sounded good to me. Who is going to be first? I will post pics if I am.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was at the dealership today and they told me they are expecting the bike (Red/Black obviously) tomorrow or Thursday. They are holding it for me untill I make up my mind because they feel bad about the old switcheroo Honda pulled on them, or well...me. I'm sure they don't really care what order they come in. They have deposits on every one they were alloted for the entire season. If I decide to wait, someone's going to have a happy phone conversation. :D

I did the math and I figured that if I take the first one, I'll be riding a little over 40 days sooner (Barring any more Honda "Suprises") than if I wait for the Black one.

Amazingly enough, it was low 60's and sunny here today. That Red/Black is starting to look better...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think the bike looks sweet the with lower fairing painted Red. When I saw the bikes racing at Daytona I was happy because it looks 100 percent better red. I figure I will keep the lower grey until I get tired of it then get it painted. looks sweet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It does look better in all red, just like the sil & blk would look better with a sil bottom. If color isn't that big a deal to you then get the red. I love sil & blk because I am a Raiders fan and that is the color I want no matter what.

I do think the bike would look better with a wing like the 600RR instead of the 1/2 wing.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh boy, trust me I know. The red belly pan looks waaaaayyy better. It had already been mentally planned if I end up with that one. I was actually trying to decide if at that point, I might as well just get the whole thing custom painted something crazy. I know a couple painters, and I've got some ideas... 8)

I agree with Smitty, I think the wing on the whole side looks alot better than the smushed half wing crap they did. Apparently they needed to distinguish between the 600 and 1000, and only one could look cool. :wink:

Smitty, if you like the silver/black the best, looks like things may work out for you. It is supposedly the last color to come in for the season. If you were planning on waiting untill the end of the season anyway, you may get a deal. I know the dealers around here are mad at Honda because they are thinking they may get stuck with bikes over winter because most people wanting liter bikes, want them early in the season, or they don't bother at all.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was at the dealership today, and saw the shipping record online with my own eyes. It is being released from Honda in Chicago to the shippers tomorrow. It will be at the dealer either Friday or Monday depending on how slow the truck is :roll:

Either way, I probably wouldn't be able to pick it up till next week anyway. They are having their grand re-opening at the dealership the next 3 days (Food, special guests, The Heisman Trophy on display)so they are going to be too busy to prep something last minute.

At first I was bummed, then I saw the weather report for this weekend, (Assuming it's accurate for once) nothing but rain.

I'll let you guys know when it comes in. Till' then, if you need me, I'll be standing outside the dealership in a parka with a crowbar in my hand...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.