Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you have successfully dial in the front preload??

or is the HMAS front suspension on the 1000RR the same as RC51, which is impossible to set the preload unless you add a spacer or some sort??

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did mine on the weekend, 14.25 clicks on the front to get 35 mm loaded sag (have not got my notes with me so this is approximate).

I weigh 95kgs and for me the front needs a 5 mm spacer to give more adjustment. Wish that the 1Krr had rings on the adjustment so you can see what setting you have.

Looks like the front spring is ok for my weight but the rear is a little soft.

·
Registered
737 Posts
hokoyo said:
I did mine on the weekend, 14.25 clicks on the front to get 35 mm loaded sag (have not got my notes with me so this is approximate).

I weigh 95kgs and for me the front needs a 5 mm spacer to give more adjustment. Wish that the 1Krr had rings on the adjustment so you can see what setting you have.

I thought the new blade doesn´t have clicks on the front preload just turn in and out. What do you mean by 14.25 clicks??? :wtf:

·
Registered
145 Posts
EE8 said:
hokoyo said:

I thought the new blade doesn´t have clicks on the front preload just turn in and out. What do you mean by 14.25 clicks??? :wtf:
Sorry sould have said turns not clicks, wish it had rings like the SP1 so you had a visual check where you were at

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think the fork springs are way too soft. Adding more than 15 mm preload is just a bad idea. They get harsh but not compliant, and they still are too soft. Typical Honda front end. I suspect the correct weight is going to be .90 or .95 for me at 150 pounds

Ernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.