1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have a couple of quotes for you guys:

Progresive $2765/year

State farm: 1027/year

Allstate: Still waiting was told over phone awhile back around 500 per year.

This is for a 32 year old no tickets or accidents and a safety course. Progressive was a joke. They bill themselves as the number one insurance company for motorcycles and their the most expensive. He told me it goes off of horsepower and that none of the other ones do. :bitchplz: Well I called State Farm first and she told me that it was an expensive policy because of the horsepower and not the cc's and they were $1700 a year cheaper. BTW all have the same limits.

·
Registered
526 Posts
25 years old, 1 ticket
50k/100k on all liability
5k medical coverage
500 deductible with comprehensive and collision
$332 / 6 months.
Have not heard of any insurance company coming anywhere close.
I love USAA.
This year I got back $200 on my premium payments because they paid out less then they thought they would. 2nd time in 6 years.

BTW...never, ever, never never, ever, never use Allstate. Their rates are attractive but they will screw you if something happens.
I was involved in an accident in my truck years ago. Rear ended a chic. Her fault, she was under the influence, had drugs in the car and more. She chickened out and did the whole whiplash bit. Went for an ambulance ride. Her passenger was arrested, driver was later at the hospital. Purely her fault according to 3 police reports; city, sheriff and state patrol (slow day, intersection at the corner of 3 jurisdictions) Allstate still paid out $8000 on her medical bills.
**** them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
$500 a year would be nice. I pay $822 for my 600RR.

·
Registered
22 Posts
:D
Well I live in PA have my car celica GTS and F4 on the policy and they told me for full coverage 500 deductable....and every one I have talked to can not get any med coverage on a bike.

told me 360$ a year, I used to pay 160$ for my F4, but its just a track bike and I have limited ins...68 a year.

state farm is the best if you have a good record...no accidents, I have tickets but they don't know and I have been with them since I was 20 now im 28...

so good luck with your insurance guy...hate to see some people pay twice for there bikes in three years with high insurance rates

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depending what Allstate tells me, (I have my auto and home with Allstate) I will go with State Farm. Progressive was just a joke. I should know either later today or Monday morning. Hopefully I'll have my Bike by next week, so I want to have it all set beforehand.

BTW, I'm in California.

·
Registered
526 Posts
My friend just got an R1 and was looking at insurance rates. Beware, with the exception of progressive, he couldnt find a single insurance company that would insure just his bike. They all wanted a car on the policy as well. Wasnt a matter of age or record either. Flat out no coverage.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
I talked to my insurance man (State Farm) yesterday and was quoted $235/year for 100/300 coverage. I have my current bike (2002 f4i) insured with them now for $180/year. Needless to say, I am pretty happy with both these rates.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I mailed my insurance check off today.

My coverage is 100, 300, 300 with 100,300 underinsured/uninsured. My deductibles are 500, 1000, 1000. This is for 12 months of coverage.

This is after totaling my 929 last August.

This is through State Farm and the total for the year is 356.20.

Just under $30 a month, I'll take that.

Now just bring on the bike. Should be next week.

BTW - In my personal opinion the most important part of motorcycle insurance is getting increased under/uninsured. You get hit, you are fucked. You will need that money, if they don't have enough or no insurance. This is not from personal experience, but I have seen friends get injured for life and get hardly anything.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I second the under/uninsured thing. The moron who hit me only had 30k in coverage. I had to go after my own insurance to get my bills payed for. I never realized it could be so important, but my agent had added it on without me even knowing.

I had Nationwide for all my vehicles and home, but when I called them the other day for a quote on the 1000, the first question I get was "Is that a crotchrocket?". Apparently they are not going to cover "That kind of bike anymore". Most places I called said the new 1000's were blacklisted. I asked the guys who I ride with who they use and pretty much everyone in this area uses Progressive or State Farm. Progressive quoted me like $5,500/year or something (Why not just say we don't cover that bike?). Friend of the family State Farm agent quoted $478/year great coverage. Only asked me C.C.'s and Brand. Looks like she's getting my business.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately California's insurance prices seem to be alot higher then other areas of the country. I never heard back from my Allstate agent today so I guess I'll find out Monday. Also, AAA insurance is going to start covering motorcycles towards the end of the year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.